Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Classes!

So I got my official classes for France. I originally put in for like 8 classes and then the program decides what classes they are actually offering and stuff. The program enrolls you in 5 classes and each class will transfer back as 5 credits. So currently I am actually taking what will come back as 25 credits to WOU. But Western doesn’t really like that because it is more than the normal credit hours for a term. But since it is semester credits the time is spent more. I would rather take 5 or 4 classes and get more credit and have the experience than not take as many. I mean either way I will have time to explore. So without further ado the classes I am taking are:

Lit 373 World Literature Classics
The Great Books of World Literature from Homer to the present day.
A course that explores the art of storytelling at its finest in diverse cultural contexts, where the truths of the human spirit are revealed through the narrative imagination. Sophocles, Shakespeare, and Dostoyevsky are just a few of the major voices studied in this seminar. See syllabus for more details. Each semester we will focus on a selection of works.

HIS 301European History: 1870–1918
Major social, economic, political, and diplomatic developments in European history from 1870 to 1918.

HIS/FRE328 (in French) Provencal History and Culture through its Monuments
Introduction to the History of Provence and a study of its most exemplary monuments. Typically includes excursions to sites in Provence

FRE 401 Translation and Stylistics I
Translation from English to French and French to English of literary texts, with constant reference to technical and
theoretical considerations

FRE/FLM 355 France as seen through its Movies, post WWII to the 1970’s
Study of the different facets of France from literary imagination to social issues, from the 1980’s to today

The best part of this schedule is that I won’t have class on Fridays!!! So every weekend in France will be a three day weekend which will open me up to be able to go on trips and stuff! YAY! Here is what my schedule will look like:
I may decide to drop the translation class but I haven’t really decided because that class sounds cool. But I am happy! I was really excited to get into the Provencal Culture and Monuments class, that one sounds really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment