Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A new blog for a new adventure!


Hello! Bonjour! Welcome! Bienvenue! I am so excited that you are here! Reading this post! On this brand new blog! And the reason that I have this new blog is even more exciting because in case you didn't know already.... drum roll......


I AM GOING TO FRANCE!!!!!!

Like Legitimately!!! GOING THERE. FOR REALS!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you can't tell I am pretty excited about it!!! But yes after taking 4 years of français in high school and now finishing my 2nd year of it in college (3rd year college level), I have decided to actually put my skills to the test and put myself out there! And I will be doing this in Aix-en-Provence, France!
I am going through a program that WOU recognizes and will give me credits for called cisAbroad. And I will be spending a semester there living abroad with a host family that will not be determined or told to me until two weeks before I leave, and I leave on September 6th to arrive on September 7th! How long am I staying? I am staying for almost four entire whole months! I will get back probably on December 21st or 22nd depending on my flight. Wow I am brave :-) I know!

While I am there I will be attending IAU which can be found at this address: IAU France!
And information about my program can be found here: Semester in Aix-en-Provence!
If you so choose to want to look at that information.

As for paperwork status I have just gotten back my estimated financial aid and I have my passport already but this summer I will be flying down to San Francisco in order to apply for my Long-Stay visa in person! Yeah you have to go to the consulate in person. Also if you call there speaking french they will talk to you in English with a fake french accent but then when you start talking to them in normal English their accent goes away. (Not that I did that...) But seriously it was pretty funny after she hung up I burst out laughing. I just wanted to see if they spoke both. Apparently not? Which seems weird to me. But meh.

But this is my new blog! I am debating on trying to do some vlogging which for anyone who doesn't know means also posting videos. But i am not really sure how exactly to do that. So if I figure it out I will start doing that as well. Also please feel free to comment! I will read them if you do and I am pretty sure I have it set to allow comments from anyone. Also anonymous ones. But I would prefer if I knew who you were...

I will probably not be posting very much until things really start picking up. But feel free to bookmark this blog for future use and I will be coming back to it whenever there are new developments or anyone has questions! :-)

Merci beaucoup tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment