Thursday, May 2, 2013

Where the heck is Aix?

Some of you may be wondering where the heck is Aix? And some of you (like my dad) think that it is just somewhere in the middle of France. But you would be wrong (much to dads surprise)! Aix-en-Provence is actually located in the very south of France more to the east than west, and is only 30 minutes (roughly) to Marseille which is one of the largest cities in France located on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea! That's right I am down there close to the French Riviera! Oooh fancy! And I will be able to sound very snobbish that I have lived in the south of France.
It is also about a three and a half hour train ride to the Gare de Lyon (a train station) in Paris! Weekend trip? I think so! Ideally I would like to spend more time there but I will have to see how things are when I am actually in France. Also, it is about an hour and a half train ride to Lyon which is where they have the Fête de Lumières!

No comments:

Post a Comment