Monday, December 16, 2013

Amidst All of the Lasts

This was a mini-day because I woke up at 4 to take Cassidy to the airport. We woke up and put clothes on before going out the door to go meet the bus. It was pretty quiet this morning and we didn’t run into any weirdoes like sometimes happens in the very early morning here as people stay out really late/early sometimes drinking. We were good though so after getting to the bus and putting her stuff in we climbed aboard and then were off. I listened to my iPod I think most of the way. We were just kind of quiet as it was morning and I was sad to see her go.

When we got there it was still a pretty quiet atmosphere and I noticed that the airport had a lot of Christmas lights set up which were really pretty. When we got to the international Hall we learned her flight was put into the National hall of the airport so we had to walk a bit to get to the right check in place. She checked in no problem and I noticed she was over 50 lbs but they didn’t seem to care. So that is cool. I hope they don’t care for me either… But we shall see. Hers were also checked all the way through. So that is good info. Then she sat with me for a bit and I said Bye before she went off into the security line. I bought a bit of internet after she was all the way through and out of sight. Then I sat there for about an hour and twenty for her to take off just to be sure that she wasn’t stuck there.
I Skyped my parents and that was nice to pass the time a bit. I do really miss them. And home so I guess that makes this whole thing a little bit easier. Then once her flight had left I said bye to my parents and got back on the bus to Aix. On the way home I couldn’t help thinking about my last times. The last time on the bus, leaving the airport towards Aix, last few days, last dinner with my friend later that day, last last last. But then amidst all of that I had a first. I saw my first sunrise over Aix. I had never been awake early enough for the sunrise. I hadn’t ever seen it here. Or not only here but in Europe I don’t think. I had always been sleeping during the sunrise. It was beautiful. And it came at a perfect time because it reminded me that this isn’t a last. It’s a first. My first trip to Europe successfully. My first experience completely on my own. It was a good reminder. It’s not the end just another beginning.
Then I got on the bus and was walking home when I saw Will in front of me so I ran ahead to catch up with him just before my turn to go home and I jumped up next to him and freaked him out like I often do because he lives near me so we are constantly following each other around. I love doing it every time. He was on his way to the history final. Win for taking it Wednesday! Then while I was talking to him Madame walked past and said Hi and see you later. It was kind of a fun encounter. Then I went home and came into my room and put my pajamas back on and went to sleep. I was exhausted emotionally and physically. Then I would sleep for about 5 more hours and wake up to my second day within the day.

1 comment:

  1. It's a profound realization: every ending is really a beginning. I love reading your posts and sharing all your "ah-ha" moments. It will be great to see you and look at your 9,000 pictures.

    ReplyDelete