Friday, December 6, 2013

Five hours later...

So I woke up excited to go get Cassidy at 11:30 but then I got on facebook and learned that she had a delayed flight and she wouldn’t be here until 2:10. I said well crap. Apparently there was a ton of wind in Amsterdam and she said it was so strong she thought she was going to fall over. We later looked at the news and in Denmark there were people trying to ride bikes and falling over because of the wind. But anyways I was sad because she wasn’t going to get there yet.

So then I decided to go get my package that had arrived at the school last night but then when I learned it was there it was too late to go pick it up. My host mom after learning yesterday that I didn’t have gloves yet, let me hers out to take with me. Unfortunately they are wool gloves… So I was happy to take them and pretend that I was going to use them and then secretly hide them in my dresser to give back to her when I get back. I am allergic to wool if you didn’t know. Which is also why I can’t wear my blue hat unless my bangs are in the way because though it is lined mostly, on the edge it will hit my skin and I will get really itchy. That wasn’t a fun one to find out about when I was little and mom put a wool blanket on my bed. :-/

But then I went to the new building and got my package and then waited for Cassandra to get to the cave so we could stop at my house before going to get Cassidy. After she ran home, we went there and I opened the box my mom had sent to find my gloves. Unannounced to me she had wrapped all the gifts! So now I have to find out what they are. But I guess I don’t need that wrapping paper… Oh well. Then once we got my gloves we left to go meander the market. We got some German bratwurst and then  also some delicious beverage called kinderpauscht? It was super good! Kind of like grape juice with flavoring. We also bough two of the really cool apples with the hearts in them. We stpped and bought a sode so I could get change for the bus at a café where the guy was not happy to serve us, and then we walked around a little bit before catching a bus to the airport.

We were there a bit early at 1:20 and so we used our free 20 minutes of wifi and learned that Cassidy was not getting on her plane until 1:50 and therefore wouldn’t be here until at the earliest 3:45 which was when our train was leaving for Lyon. We realized we wouldn’t make the train. So then we tried to to buy new ones online. But it wouldn’t take our cards! BOO! So then we decided that we would just wait until she got here and then go see if we could buy them at the train station. It was a good thing that we hadn’t bought those tickets though because we wouldn’t have been able to make it.

While we waited Cassandra and I decided to have lunch and being the only place open to us in the airport was a burger kind we went for it. Their French fries were soooo good. I miss crappy fast food French fries. The chicken nuggets were a bit strange but still pretty good. I was happy. Then after that we waited right in front of the door to leave customs to wait for her. We waited and waited and then after what seemed like forever her plane landed. Then we had to wait for it to get to the gate, and then to de-board, and then for baggage. It was torturous!!! I was like come on now any minute she will be here!!! And then suddenly she was! I was soooo happy to see her. I ran and gave her a big hug and then we walk/hugged out of the way of other people. Then eventually she was like we missed our train huh and we were like yep for sure. So then we took a bus (which cost 5 euros) to go to the Marseille train station. From there we went and tried to buy tickets but the machines wouldn’t take our cards again. So we couldn’t get tickets and then after they didn’t work, the trains were all full. So we were very sad and then took the bus back to Aix. Cassidy was exhausted so it might have been better this way. I had texted Madame before Cassidy got there updating her and then after we couldn’t get a train I called her and told her we would be coming home to try and buy tickets.

Then the bus ride back was just kind of sad/ happy because I got to talk to Cassidy which was awesome. But she wouldn’t tell me my surprise. I did get my 4th letter though. So that was good. Then we got home and I had Madame call the hotel to tell them not to sell our room. Then after that we looked at tickets online and when I tried to do the option to get them at the airport it wouldn’t accept my card. But then if I did print my ticket from home it worked. So then we had to put the tickets on my USB and then go downstairs and print them. So we did that and Cassidy got to see the apartment downstairs but no one was home. Then we came back up and while Madame was making dinner and Cassidy was packing her backpack for tomorrow, Paul came up. He was overly crazy tonight with Cassidy here. Beebow was unusually nice to Cassidy, in that he wasn’t scratching or biting her as a new person. Then after that Paul left and we had dinner of croquet monsieurs, avocados, salad, cheese, and then mandarins for dessert. We also had some wine. Cassidy has been doing an kay job keeping up so far I think. I am translating for her and translating for Madame. I am translating like crazy! But that is okay. After I called my host mom she was like dang Kacy your French is good! And I think that looking back on my time here I really have gotten a lot more comfortable speaking the language. I am not totally correct all the time but I can get meaning and I feel more comfortable speaking.

Then after dinner Cassidy took a shower and Paul came back up and played temple run. Then after that Cassidy said goodnight and went to bed. I stayed up a bit and then wrote my journal and hung with Paul and Madame. Then Jean-Claude came up and took Paul who was sad to leave. Madame says that every night he comes up after not being here and asks if I am here and then is really sad when I am out for the night or on a trip or whatever. Its going to suck to leave him… I think I am his favorite. That is what he has told me. Then we watched tv and I talked to Madame a bit.

Tomorrow we leave at 9;30 for Lyon and I am going to walk all over until my feet are killing me because I will NOT be missing a minute of the festival!!! It goes from 18-24 and I will be there for it! I will NOT be missing it!!!! ( even if it is more money to get another ticket!)

No comments:

Post a Comment