Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pokemon Board Game


This morning I strongly debated skipping but then decided to not as my final is literally a week from now and about the things that we would be looking at today. I think that I like to debate it all the time just so that I know I have the choice. I COULD skip it. Nothing is stopping me, but I don’t. I drug myself out of bed and went to eat breakfast. I was still not feeling too great but it was alright. I took another Advil 1g and then headed out. I gave her my laundry and also this morning reminded her not to forget to buy wheat seeds!
Then I went and met my history class outside where we did another day of walking around Aix looking at specific buildings. It was pretty chilly out and it didn’t help me feel any better. We weren’t walking much which is the worst in the cold because you don’t even have the exercise to keep you warm. In short it sucked and I was worried I was caching a cold. We talked about the hotel de ville, place de la Marie, and then went to the Joseph Sec monument that I had visited with him in the European History class. I was very ready to be done by the end! I bought a tea on the way back to the cave and Sally and I sat and did some homework until she wanted to get lunch. I got a baguette and then had it with my cheese. I didn’t eat it all because it didn’t really call to me but I thought the bread might make my stomach feel better. It did.

After that I hung out in the cave and talked to Sally and then LaSia came down, and soon after that Jonny. Wednesdays are one of my favorite days because someone is always coming in and out of the cave and then I get to talk to them. At one point almost all of us were down there at the same time and we played a few rounds of Heads Up. Will and Gina laughed at us because when they were playing before thanksgiving we didn’t play with them and yet now we were playing it ourselves. It was kind of funny. The best part was when it was Captain whoever from Pocahontas and Sally said "It’s who Pocahontas ends up marrying" And Cassandra excitedly said "Oh John Snow!" (From Game of Thrones) I laughed really hard because not only was the clue bad but the answer isn’t even in the same realm of what we were looking for! It was hilarious.
Then people skipped classes to work on presentations and such so I really was never along in the cave. I decided to write a school blog and then also I took some time and went to a website that I got from my translation teacher and made myself g through a bunch of verb exercises to refresh myself on which is which. I also found their English equivalents so that was SUPER helpful. I was excited to go to y translation class in a way because then I would be able to like see if that had fixed a lot of my problems. But then low and behold one of my classmates got an email about an hour before class which said that our class was CANCELLED! Yay! (She included in the email she wants us to make it up…) But that was kind of exciting news. But I was sort of looking forward to going to that class to see if I was going to be closer to being on the right track. But I guess that it was just my luck. I had debated earlier too just going back home and trying to sleep and forget about that class. But oh well.
Then I sat in the Cave with Jonny while he worked on homework and I worked on my info sheet for Madame. She asked me to do it forever ago and I had started working on it but hadn’t finished it. So I finished that up and then also printed her a copy of the letter I had sent at the very beginning of the term. It feels really surreal that the end is so close… I am really not happy to have to leave, but I know I have some people very much wanting me to come home :-). That makes it a bit easier. While I was in the Cave with Jonny we come up with a genius invention that actually doesn’t exist yet. For foreign languages you have to like download this program that changes your punctuation marks to accent marks when paired with a letter. So you push the apostrophe and then the letter e and it gives you an è. But the problem is that when you want to use an apostrophe you have to press it twice and then delete one each time. It is super annoying. So we came up with the idea that you could see like usb attachable accent keyboards that had just the most commonly accented letters for that language. That way you could buy the French accent keyboard and pop it into your computer and then have an easier way to make the accented keys. I think it is a super good idea. And it would be relatively easy to make and not very expensive. I just have to say that I’m a genius. And you could do it for different languages! It would be awesome! Anyways then once LaSia came back Jonny and I left to get home for dinner.
After I dropped my stuff of upstairs, I went back downstairs and hung out with Madame and Paul. Stitch came and sat on me so I pet her for a while. Then Paul showed me and Madame this “Pokémon board game” that he made. It literally was like super hard. Ever 3 spaces you would die. And the places on the board were go back 3 spaces, go back to start, die, or draw a chance card (which were “go to this space cards” which were a compilation of the other types of spaces). The goal was to make it around the board but it was literally impossible to do. But somehow we played it for like an hour. It was pretty ridiculous. But he didn’t seem to realize it was impossible so it was okay. Then eventually Laurence came home and we had Bons MoMents wine which Madame thought was very cute for a wine title. Paul showed me his school pictures and had me guess which kid in his class was which. There wasn’t a class list on the bottom either so I couldn’t cheat. Then Paul planted his bl’e. SEE! That right there is why I need to invent this keyboard. Then we adults started talking and Paul got bored so he got out some stencils and markers and things and amused himself. Then after we finished a glass of wine it was time to go upstairs. It was already 8:40 so we were there a bit later. It was decided though that most likely I will have a ride to the Airport on Thursday of not this next week but the one after, and that Cassidy and I will have a family dinner on Tuesday night with everyone together. So that should be fun! I am not happy to have to leave… I will miss my French Family!!!

Then as we were leaving to go upstairs Paul was sad that he hadn’t finished his picture yet because he wanted to give it to me. I told him I could get it tomorrow.  Then we went upstairs and had Pasta with Broccoli. It was pretty good. Madame also made an Apple pie today! It was soooo good. She had me run two pieces down to Laurence and Paul. Then while I was there Laurence commented on how long my hair is. I hadn’t changed it from the half hour before when I saw her but she commented on it. Then Paul gave me his drawing which was actually pretty cute. I gave him a hug and he said ah your hair tickled me! It was funny. I am going to really miss this kid…
Then I came back up and we watched this weird movie called Nine Lives. It was supposedly suspense but it was just a lot of blood and death and violence. We didn’t really understand it but we weren’t really trying very hard. Then I went on Facebook and had a fun exchange with my brother. I think it is so clever I just had to screenshot it for everyone’s enjoyment.  :-D Then I said goodnight and chased Beebow out of my room and we went to bed! Also I loaned Cassandra an extra hundred but she got her bank card working tonight so it should be all good! That makes me feel better!

1 comment:

  1. It's such a conundrum that you want to stay there because you know you will miss that "family" but you ant to come to the States because you miss your family here. This is the joy (and sorrow) of enriching your life with people from other corners of the world.
    I know someone who is counting down the minutes until you will be back here:)

    ReplyDelete