Friday, December 13, 2013

Last day of Real Class

This morning I woke up at 10:20 and took a shower. When I was done I set up breakfast and then woke up Cassidy. She didn't really want to get up so during breakfast we decided she would stick around the house for the morning. Over breakfast I monologues about whether or not I should skip my literature class today because it wasn't really going to be anything great and I already had the final topic for the paper. I eventually decided that I would write the final paper instead of going to class because I never had missed any classes since being here so I may as well miss the last one. But mostly I decided that because then I could write the final in that time I should do that so then I don't feel stressed out about it in Paris I can just edit it and send it to Cassandra to print it. So that's what was decided. I did go to my History class.

I got there LaSia and Cassandra were already there. Cassandra paid me back for the second Lyon tickets we had to buy and then we sat around and waited for class to start. We talked a bit about what was going to be on our final and then when Patrick got there I told him I wasn’t going to class because of Paris and getting ready. I figured then when I was absent he would tell the professor. We had class which got done pretty quickly and we got out about a half hour early. I was glad for it and then after talking a bit to LaSia, said goodbye to everyone for the weekend and went home to grab Cassidy. I packed and she was already packed and then we decided to leave to go get crepes before going and having tea/writing my paper. I got apple sauce and brown sugar and after eating half of it threw it away. I don’t like hot apples I decided. Apples should be cold and refreshing no matter what form they are in. Including apple pie. Should be cold with ice cream. Cassidy had brown sugar and butter and liked hers. Then after that we went to the tea place and each got our own pot of tea because Cassidy said I couldn’t finish one on my own. Well Challenge accepted! I chose a passion fruit tea which I really liked. I haven’t ever really branched out from just breakfast tea but I kind of like fruity teas I think? (Good Christmas Gift anyone). I don’t like green tea though. 
But we drank tea and I wrote my paper while Cassidy read or internetted or did whatever she did. I was too concentrated on my paper to really be paying attention. I did finish all of the tea (Challenge successfully passed) and also got all of my paper cranked out. Just as we were finishing up, one of the girls from my class, Morgan came down and was like hey I thought you left for Paris? And I was like umm yeah we are soon I just decided I wanted to write it before we left because it would be more productive and less stressful. She seemed to agree and said that I didn’t miss anything. We were there for like 3 ½ hours though just chilling with our tea. It was nice. 

Then we left and went back to the apartment and Madame was there. We talked to her a bit and started sitting around while she went to watch paul. We decided to have a bit of the leftover Pizza and while we were eating it, Beebow got sick and I had to clean it up. It was gross. I hate cat puke. I almost puked myself. He also threw up on the sofa which then after Cassidy ate her pizza and I barely stomached mine, we went downstairs and talked to Madame and I told he and she went upstairs to like throw some product on the sofa. Paul gave us both some tennis ball shaped gum which was super cute. He was excited about it. He didn’t want us to leave and was sad that it was Cassidy’s last time here that he would see her because we get back late Sunday and then she leaves early on Monday. So that was a bit sad but he was happy I wasn’t leaving for good yet. 
Then we went and got our stuff and left to the station stopping at Monoprix to get some breakfast snack foods that we could eat in Paris. Then we got on the train to the station and arrived there more than an hour before our train. We sat around and waited and used free wifi and got drinks and chips from the vending machine. Then pretty soon the train came and we jumped on it after noticing that hey 2nd class and 1st class are pretty much exactly the same to us… Weird. I literally saw that the only difference was the seat but it was pretty much the same. Then we sat on the train and I wrote blogs and Cassidy read a Paris book. After a while my computer died so I switched to sketching in my sketch book. It was relaxing and felt good to do something creative. 
Then after a bit we arrived in Paris where we took the metro to our hotel. Cassidy was a bit freaked when we got out of the metro stop and I looked down the streets to find the hotel. But I knew which one it was going to be on. She didn’t believe me until we were within visible distance of the sign though. It is only a block down from the stop. We signed in and then got to our room. It is very similar to our Lyon one (same company) and has the two bed thing with a bunk bed. So I took the top and gave Cassidy the big bed. I like having my own bed. Then we noticed our shower and toilet are separate which is a bit strange but also very French. Our shower is literally its own room which is cool. Also our bathroom doesn’t have a lock but it isn’t like we don’t know where the other person went so it isn’t a problem. Then sat around and made jokes for a while and then eventually went to bed. She took a shower and I Skyped Thad a bit. Though it feels weird to talk with him when I know that she understands what I am saying. It feels less private even though we aren’t saying anything important or very like private. But anyways then we went to sleep for our first day in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment