Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's a Small, Small World!

So yesterday I woke up about ten minutes before I had to leave for class so that I could just throw on clothes and then come back and get Cassidy. I really didn't want to go to class but with my final this week I felt like I had to. I really do not feel prepared for it at all and because it is based on visits from the last three classes and not on any reading material or anything like that, I feel really uncomfortable about it. I took pictures and recorded and took notes on them but because I was sick and such I don't feel like I know the material at all. At all. And I don't feel like there is really anything else that I can do to make it feel better rather than to go over my notes again... But I just feel super stressed out about it.

Then after I walked around with my class talking about things I already mostly knew about, u went back and waited for Cassidy to wake up. I had breakfast while I waited and then at about eleven I decided to make more noise so that she would wake up. That didn't work so then I went in to get my computer to work on my blog and she was awake! She then took a shower and I put out breakfast again and heated up her coffee. Made the bed and then waited for Cassidy to get done and we headed out!
I took her around the main spots if Aix and stopped by Laurence's store where she showed me where in August before I got here they knocked down the walk of the building next door to make her store bigger. She also showed me all of her Christmas decorations! It was fun and she promised we would have a glass of wine together that night so that she could get to know Cassidy a bit better.

Also I don't know if I have said this yet but the night we didn't make it to Provence we learned from Madame that Jean-Claude's dad passed away at the age of 92. He had been sick for a while so it wasn't completely unexpected but he was just quite old and so such is how life works. The funeral is Tuesday (tomorrow) and so we won't be having a family dinner. But that is okay.
We said bye to her and then walked past the palace of justice before deciding that Cassidy was hungry. So we went down Cours Mirabeau with a quick stop at the Santon Chalet to see the little figurines and then went on our way to crepe a go-go. I think Cassidy was a bit overwhelmed with the choices but in the end we both got ham and cheese with the promise of coming back to get sweet crepes. We then wandered our way up to the Book in Bat which is the American bookshop/ coffee shop. She ordered a hot chocolate and I a coffee to wake me up. We sat and chatter and just taller about life and chilled for a good while. It was nice. I poked around at the books but then decided to pass. I did see a wreck this journal book which I debated on buying but then didn't.
Then we wandered the Christmas markets a bit before going to a paper art supply store called Michel's. I find the name hilarious due to the US craft store Michael's. Although they are not affiliated they are the same practically. There I bought a poster tube that turns out is way larger than I needed and so now I have to cut it! Oops. But then we finished wandering the Christmas market and got hot wine before dropping off our stuff so that I could go to class.


I dropped Cassidy off at the tea salon Coco Boehme which I had never been to before going to class. I had heard from Madame it was cool so I was just rolling with that and hoping she wouldn't hate it. Then went to class where we tried to find a day to makeup our missed class from last week. But we didn't find a day that would work because there is the Christmas party thing Wednesday night and then apparently a closing ceremony with the school during the day. That would have been nice to know before I scheduled our spa day... Guess I won't be going to the ceremony then because they fail at telling students anything. Two days is pretty short notice to be expecting everyone to be there. So whatever, their fault!

Then we talked about the difference in pronouncing que, queue, and cul. All very different words and very important to say them correctly because one is a vulgar word and the other is line so there is a big difference in how you say them. Then after I got my Hemingway poem at the end of class which I have to translate to French, (because that will be easy...) I went to go find Cassidy. I at first didn't find her and was kind of freaking out and left to find her and then came back. She had been hiding under the stairs.

While I was waiting for her to get done I heard this girl say that she was from Oregon. And the more I looked at her the more familiar she looked... And I was like I am pretty sure I know that girl somehow. I am positive. So I went over and was like hey I heard that you are from Oregon what school do you go to? And she was like oh I go to Linfield. I was like did you have an African American professor that had a really weird accent and talked really quietly and accidentally used a permanent marker on the whiteboard? And she was like YES! Like two years ago! I was like I went to Linfield and I am pretty sure that we were in the same class!
HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! I think it is sooo crazy because if you think about if I had stayed there I would probably have still studied abroad in Aix though at a different college here. But like my path would probably be the same in that respect! HOW CRAZY!
 
Then Cassidy and I left and went home and hung out with Paul, Madame, and Laurence. We had some wine and then we played with Paul upstairs while Madame made dinner. We had honey and lemon chicken and leek gratin. It was delicious! We also had apple pie for dessert which meant Apple pie for breakfast! Yum! Then we sort of watched TV while we talked and such and then we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment