Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chateau de la Coste

 Today Madame didn’t work so she was home when I woke up. I tried to take a shower and stuff quickly so that I would have time to Skype Thad before he fell asleep and I had to go to school. I was eating pretty fast when Madame was like you should slow down and I was like oh I am trying to have time to Skype call and she was like oh! Well go do that quick or else you won’t have time! She offered to clean up which I always feel guilty about but she always insists and won’t give in. Then I ran and talked to Thad before it was time to go to school. Notice I say school and not class? Yeah today we watched the move “Intouchables” which in English would be “Untouchables”. It was a super good film that I guess is French. It came out in 2010 and I guess that since its big success in Europe Hollywood has bought it and now are going to do something with it. It was a fantastic film. I would recommend. It reminded me a lot of Rainman but instead of mentally handicapped the main guy is a Paraplegic.  It was a bit sad at parts but still good. I was expecting a different ending but it was still good!
 After that we went to “Crepe a gogo” which is a delicious place that makes crepes the size of pizzas and they have like 34792057 different kinds of toppings and stuff. It was super delicious and pretty cheap from 2-4 euros each!  Then we went back to the school to go catch the bus to take us to “Chateau de la coste” which is a winery and vineyard that dates back to the 1600’s. They have some areas that are old and some that are new. Apparently, the vineyard was bought by a super rich Irish guy who now owns it all and pays money to have sculptures and stuff brought in to be there. It is super nice and we got to tour the cellar and try some of the wines. I ended up buying a bottle for my host. It was gorgeous property and I wish I could have walked around in the vineyard more but it was very cool. We learned about the wines and that this vineyard last year made 770,000 bottles of wine which 50% went out of the country and 50% stayed in France. They have 76 wine tanks and only 3 people who work on bottling process. It was really cool. At the tasting we tried a rose, a white, and a red. I didn’t care much for the red but the other two were good. I feel like wine here doesn’t taste as harsh with the alcohol as it does in the U.S.  After doing the Chateau we broke up and went home. There was another bar outing tonight but I was too tired and ready to be done for a bit that I didn’t go plus none of my group was going. 
 Instead I came back home and tried to figure out my class schedule and talked on Facebook. For dinner we had fish and green beans. I ate half of it but she still said I was making things difficult for her to know what to buy me for dinners. She learned I like carrots and we had those today as well as more kiwis. The bread here is really delicious and I seriously love it. 
I decided not to go to the beach trip this weekend because Madame invited me to go to see her son with her. Which I guess is actually a family birthday party which I didn’t know. But oh well. It is in… Romans-sur-Isère. And I guess all of the family is going so that’s kind of cool. Real French experience? Could be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment