Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Day of (Real) Class

This morning I had hoped to be able to sleep in. I say that because at exactly 8 o’clock the wonderful sounds of a jackhammer next door gave me the pleasure of not needing an alarm clock two hours and a half later… But I tried to sleep with the aid of ear plugs but it was on and off sleep from then on out. I finally gave up at ten and went and did all the morning stuff. I then went and printed out a copy of my schedule and talked to Cassandra for a bit while she tried to get a train ticket. After that I went and sat upstairs while I waited for my housing meeting to start.

The housing lady said that the food issue should resolve and that I shouldn’t take anything she says personally. The French like to make a fuss she said but they don’t mean anything by it, they just like to make a fuss. That made me feel better. 

After that I went to European History. My professor seems pretty cool and young and he is also my professor for my monuments class that I start tomorrow. He seemed cool so that is good. We are doing just before the French revolution up to the start of the firs World War. After that Cassandra (who is in that class) and I went to a place and got a sandwich. We ate outside the new building and met a few new people. I forgot their names already… oops. But they seemed nice. Neither was in my class though. 

The new building is still clearly not done but we are moving in anyways. The building is interesting as the floors aren’t level by any means and it is all unfinished tile. They added an elevator and new windows and it has created an interesting look of the old and the new. My next class was World Lit where I learned that our subject matter is works containing Angels and/or Demons. Which is interesting but unfortunately we are reading three books from Paradise Lost… Which I have read a lot of already and I find it a tough one to get through. I asked Rosalyn to send me an email with photocopies of my book though because it has notes in it already J Win! Thanks! The other works I don’t recognize so that is good. Claire is in that class with me though so that is nice. 

After class I went to tackle finding a phone. I found Phone house which had the same deal as everyone else but with a different phone. So I said sure, which ended up being great because no one else has T9 so it is a total pain for them, but I do! And I have Jewel Quest on mine!!! Talk about winning! I had to give them a copy of my passport to get it which seemed odd. When I got home I was talking to Madame and realized they had left my laminated passport copy in the scanner so I had to run back and get it. Though I was coming from a different place so I took a different route. On the way I passed a Card shop with a Magic poster out front so on the way back from getting my copy I stopped in and bought a few packs for the dudes in my life who play, (2014 I figure I could buy a few of the new set when they come out?). But it was funny because the people in the card shop are the same type of people who hang out in card shops in the US. Pretty sure the cashier guy thought I was lost though. They were 3,80 euros so $5.04 a pack. 

When I came back I did homework and Skyped Thad and thought I was going to Skype the roomies but one of them wasn’t home… So that didn’t happen but later I guess. I did homework and then we had dinner of Croque Monsieurs, and cheese and an ice cream bar.

I also learned today we aren’t going to Cassis this weekend but going to Nice instead, which is fine by me! Then Sunday we are going to Marseille. Should be fun and I am looking forward to it, only a few more days ‘til then. Tomorrow I have class at 9 and at  5 so I have a lot of free time in between to do homework or whatever, so I should have either a low key day or a very NOT low key day.

Before I went to bed Madame and I watched the France v.s. Russia soccer game. I went to bed with France winning by two.

No comments:

Post a Comment