Monday, September 30, 2013

Internet is the Worst

Today I was not happy to wake up. Mondays are the hardest and it took a lot of work to send Matt my sound file for his radio show. I had to put it in a Youtube video and then upload it and by then it was midnight and I was really tired. Too quickly it was seven thirty and I was up. I ate some bread and had some fruit and then grudgingly went back to my room to get ready to go. Thad wasn’t on this morning but luckily Kristen was! I hadn’t talked to her since I got here so that was pretty exciting! Too quickly though I had to go to class.

Today we talked about some sites in Glanum which is an Oppidum gauloise. It was pretty cool but also a bit confusing. I had trouble concentrating.

After class I went downstairs to try and see if the library wasn’t in a state a chaos because of the moving. It wasn’t and I found Cassandra. We sat together and I worked on and finished one of my papers and she did her homework. We talked a bit about possible places we could go for our remaining two free weekends. Once I finished a considerable amount of homework I started playing around on the web looking at ideas. I looked up Mont Saint Michel where I want to go sometime and unfortunately the two free weekends that we have there isn’t a high tide. Wah wah. So I struck that one off of the list.  If I am going to go there I want to see the tides! So we fooled around and then Cassandra went off to her noon class. I headed over to the other building to use the microwave to cook some rice. I tried to get a juice but the crappy vending machine ate my euro. Last time I use that stupid thing! Then I talked with Patrick a bit while I ate and then I did some more homework and messing around online. 
I was talking and LaSia told me that she has been reading my blog! Weird but I don’t mind. I do write it to be read! She asked me about the big grocery store and whether it was very hard to get to. I told her that I would take her sometime if she wanted. I did some research onle and by the time Cassandra came and found me she was starving. We decided to go get crepes in one more minute after we looked up one more place. I have wanted to go to Germany to do a Concentration Camp tour but she had ruled it out because she is going to Germany for Fall break to see a friend of hers. But she caved and we looked anyways and found that there is the Dachau camp really close to Munich! So we looked it up and it really wasn’t too bad! So we said alright let’s do it and booked it. I think I am even going to get AA advantage points from it because there was a spot to put it (I didn’t have it so I woke up mom to get it for me. Thanks Mom!). Cassandra doesn’t have one so I took her miles too. So we found a hotel cheap there and are excited to be getting there around 2 on Friday the 15th November and then we leave at like noon on Sunday. I wish we could stay longer but the flights were far more expensive later in the day and we both have class Monday. For some reason I can’t shake my good student attitude and miss class… Boo me.
So after that we were starving and went to get crepes. I got Nutella and Banana. It was okay but I should have gotten the lemon and sugar one because that’s the one that I really wanted and now I have a craving! Ah! Maybe tomorrow… We stopped in at the SFR store so I could try to buy more internet or new internet from them since mine expires tonight, but the lady was very unhelpful like all phone store people I feel like so I got frustrated and gave up. I will probably go and do another month of Orange even though it is less good I feel like. But that at least I can figure out. 

Cassandra and I parted ways and I went and bought myself a juice from a non-vending machine and drank it. I was feeling pretty down and frustrated and felt like I was hitting the language barrier wall a little too hard today. I went upstairs and took my aggressions out with some plants against some zombies and then waited for class to start.

I wasn’t very active in class but I did respond and do everything well but I just didn’t have the “Oh yay this is great” attitude more of the “I miss home where everything is easy to understand” attitude. I listened and was studious but I know the professor could see I wasn’t on top of it today. But I am sure they are used to students having off days here. I did get my yellow package from mom but it was pretty disappointing because none of it was for me… So it was like “Yay a package! Awww…” sooo… that was a bit disappointing. Also I don’t know what I am supposed to do with a cupcake towel? Like… what? Who am I supposed to give that to? 

I went back home and did some more homework and then got tired of so much history today and switched to Literature. We were supposed to read The Angel Esmerelda. And I read the first page, and the second, and then the third was the same as the second, and so was the fourth, and so was the rest of the packet… Sooo that was short lived! Hopefully everyone else’s is like that too. I think the syllabus for that isn’t until Thursday so… I will find out tomorrow! 
After that Madame came up and started making dinner. We had gratin with spinach and spinach branch and some kind of chop. I think it was beef. It was okay at first but there was just a lot of it. The taste was okay the texture weird and I couldn’t finish it because she gave me so much I got really full. (Though the crepe probably didn’t help…) I forwent dessert and cheese tonight. And then went and Skyped Thad while I had the chance. After that I went out to do my journal and approached Madame about the possibility of doing a trip together. That was kind of shot down a bit because she can’t leave Beebow alone without food or something and then she watches Paul on the weekends… I told her we could bring Paul and she laughed. She told me that she would think about what we could do though and talk to me about it tomorrow.  So I guess we will see. But I think if we do something it will be more local. 

After that we talked about Germany and WW2 and why I want to go to the camp. Oh also I got emails about my financial aid and they conveniently spread out my missing $9464 over the other two terms of the year so that’s why it was missing. So now it should be fixed by Wednesday/ Thursday my time. And then CIS said yeah you still owe us about $15,000 so they obviously haven’t been paid yet… But the good news is maybe that I should be getting some money… Which would be nice… 
I don’t have a lot of pictures today because my iPod has been mostly dead all day. But oh well. You just have to look at some of my old ones I guess. I am looking forward to some good sleeping tonight!

1 comment: