Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Smoothie anyone?

This morning Madame was home so doing my morning routine gets a bit trickier. I had class at 9 in the new building which is a few minutes farther away so I had to leave a bit earlier leaving not much skype time. My class seemed good but also a bit frightening because it is in French and the final exam which is 30% of the final grade is Oral… zut… I knew some people in my class including this guy Will who always by happenstance ends up following me to school because I guess he lives close by me maybe? We think so. But I never realize he is behind me until we are like almost to the school so that’s odd. Claire was also in my clas as well as this really nice girl named Mary who also did early start.

After class I went back to the other building to work on the computers and Will and another girl were looking at booking a trip to Geneva next weekend. And I sort of got thinking that I don’t really have anyone right now that I could ask to go on a trip with me even though I have friends? So then I started feeling a bit down. Also I didn’t know anyone to go to lunch with since my class gets done at 10:30 and that is a pretty early lunch. I texted Cassandra who is really nice and then wandered around because she didn’t text me back. She finally did after about a half hour and I walked back to the school to meet her. I figured we would just grab something close but she wanted to walk around to go to a sushi place. We stopped in at the monoprix and I bought a chicken Caesar wrap plate thing. Then we went to the sushi place she knew but then she changed her mind. Then we walked across town to a pasta place. Where she changed her mind… Meanwhile I am getting hungry and grumpy and I’m already sad. Luckily she tends to monopolize the conversation which was fine for me today. After a while though she was wearing on me from walking too much/being sad/hungry/not giving input. I finally was like kay bye and went to find somewhere to sit and eat.

As I was eating my wrap it was like a plate with it cut in pieces and there were like two different tortillas and I was stupid and thought nothing of it. The package said what was in it and I made the mistake of thinking Tapenade was the olive thing that we had made last week in the cooking class…. NOPE. About three minutes after eating it I went and threw up in the trash can. This was only super embarrassing. I don’t like fish and don’t tend to eat it often but not knowing what it was at first I tried to swallow it anyways and then my stomach was just like nope send it back. So that was pretty awful…

I came home and brushed my teeth and then did some reading homework. I then read some game of thrones before going out to my translation class at 5. That class I know a lot of people and actually met a girl from Portland who goes to school in California so I am not the only Oregonian here! Yay! But it is a pretty small class of 12 or 14? But not a lot of people, it seems like it will be fun but also work. The classes here may just seem like they will be hard but they all seem pretty frightening to me after just the syllabus day. After that I went to the Monoprix to get something to put my papers in and a highlighter.

On my way back home I ran into Laurence at the door to get in and she didn’t let me in almost because she didn’t recognize me with my hair down. I have been wearing it up all the time because it has just been too hot but now it is starting to cool down with the wind chill. I love it! We went to her apartment where Paul and Madame were playing dominos so I helped Paul set them up and he would knock mine down whenever I tried. So obviously I did the same to his. It was fun and then we came back up for dinner of mashed potatoes and Sausage. It was quite delicious and I was hungry after not really having lunch kind of… But it was very good! And I made sure to say that a lot. Then I had talked to Kelan at class and he had told me that the girls and he were going out tonight and that I should go with them. So I decided I would go.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—. I took the one most populous and traveled by so as not to be in danger.

I went to the fountain to meet them and the girls were there but we waited for Kelan for 25 minutes and he never showed up… When I got home he had changed his mind and told me on Facebook but a lot of good that does me with spotty internet… The boy needs a phone! But I went out with the girls and met Julia’s French friend who goes to the military school here. He was nice but had to run to get back to school because we took so long waiting.

We ordered fruity cocktails and when they arrived we were surprised to learn that we had misunderstood and they were only smoothies with no alcohol. OOPS!!! That was a bit of a misunderstanding then! But we had fun I think even though we were non alcoholic. It was a bit weird for me because Kelan wasn’t there though. But eh…

No one wears backpacks here. It is like not a thing. I was walking by a café today and some French girls at a café pointed at me motioned at my backpack and then laughed… So that felt pretty shitty. Side note that really has no relevance to this. There is this super cute oversize brown leather bag at a little place that I walk by everyday and I want it so badly but it is 65 euros. It is really cute though and It would fit a lot of stuff in it. I really want to buy it but I feel like it is a lot of money even if I did use it all the time which I would… :-/

Also Madame did my laundry today. I learned that she irons everything as well. I also learned that she does some laundry for some guy for extra money. She didn’t tell me this but I figured it out when she was doing some buys clothes and I asked if they were Jean-Claudes and she said no. Then 20 minutes later she called some guy that it was done and it was 20 euros. So I am so deductive. But when she did my laundry I forgot to put my bras in a bra bag so the underwire broke out of the fabric… so not is jabs me in the side which makes me sad… but I really don’t want to buy another because I fear how much that will be… Bleh… Clothes here are insanely priced…

I can’t wait to get back to the home of the way less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment