Friday, September 6, 2013

La Montagne Sainte-Victoire

This morning I did my usual routine though it took me longer because I had to shave. Here the showers are only handheld and you are not supposed to use more than 6 minutes of water. Usually I shave in the shower at home but here I don’t have time so I figured out that if I stopped the drain I could use that water to shave! How brilliant am I? Pretty brilliant. So the way it works here is you get wet then turn off the water. Do soap and then turn it back on to rinse and then you are done. Except that in order to go out in public I guess you have to dry your hair which in my case takes FOREVER!

Class today was exquisitely boring. The professor talked about dog poop for literally 25 minutes of our 2 hour class. We were all so bored out of our mind and can’t wait for real classes to start that have a bit more structure. The professor is really nice and excited about what she is saying but she has a habit of just re-saying the same thing over and over. I think that with a bit more structure it would be a fun class but because it is so scattered it gets repetitive and boring. I will be happy when it is done tomorrow, though our class is an hour later because it is Saturday. I wish we didn’t have class at all but of course we do… 
 Today I met with the class schedules dean guy and he said I could take 4 classes but he didn’t want me to take three because he thinks I would get too bored. I have to check with WOU though to see if I can take 4 without problems because I thought I couldn’t take more than 3 with our credit system. While I was talking to him he said he wanted me to think about doing an Internship somewhere. He set me a big list of them and there are some that are cool like working in a bakery or for a theater company but I am not sold on the idea of an internship. I don’t know how many hours it would be or whether it would inhibit me being able to do things that I want to do so I don’t know how I feel about it… Part of me says that would be good experience but part of me says that wasn’t why I came to France. So I am unsure about it. 
Today we went to Vauvenargues which is a cute little village at the base of la Montaigne Sainte-Victoire. It is also where Pablo Picasso had a house built and where he lived for a few years before he dies and his kids inherited it. It was reaining when we first got there so we waited two minutes for it to stop by singing a song. It was super good. Not. But it was fun. After exploring th village we got back on the bus and went to the dam near Monte Sainte-Victoire.  It was super gorgeous and the lake it makes is so clear we were probably 40 yards up and we could see the fish swimming in the shallow parts. It was really breathtaking and my brain could hardly process how amazing ad beautiful it was. We walked up past the dam a little ways to a big clearing where we could see the mountain and see off into the distance. It was very gorgeous there and I could hardly imagine such a beautiful place existed.
After we got home we split up to go to dinner and maybe go to a club tonight but I decided not to go. I am just so exhausted that I get tired just writing this and it is only 10. Paul was over and he has been enjoying playing my iPod. I showed Madame my American money because she had never seen it before. I wish I had had the Oregon Quarter because I had to just show her on the computer. Paul was fun, we sorted pokemon cards and he looed at his cards. For dinner we had pasta and broccoli. It was good. Bow I am so tired I am going to pass out!

No comments:

Post a Comment