Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oh boy! Like Lion King!

Today I woke up around 9:40 and took a shower. It was really stormy out with lots of rain and thunder and lightning. Beebow was a bits scared. Madame had left a loaf of bread on the table so I tried it. It was like brioche with sugar on top. It was pretty good. I wasn’t feeling too hungry so I just had some bread and apple sauce. After that I started working on my History paper but then got bored and started doing my English paper. When I started really getting productive Paul came in and started being very unproductive… Pretty soon I had to stop working. Madame came up and Paul asked her if we could have a pillow fight. She said sure so that ended up happening. It was kind of fun but also like try to not hurt Paul while he climbs all over me.

After that Paul went downstairs and Madame insisted that I eat lunch with her. We had bread and ham and pepperoni like sausage but thicker and drier and then 5 different kinds of cheese. I tried them all and really only liked 2 of them. I forget what they all were but the Brie was my favorite. After lunch I started trying to work on my papers again but I felt like I wasn’t in a good head space. I wrote two pages for a one page paper but it was all crap. So then I wrote an outline and wrote another page and it was just crap too so I finally just gave up. 
I started trying to read some Game of Thrones but Madame would talk to me about what was on the TV. Madame was cutting vegetable to make Ratatouille for dinner. We talked about the different vegetables and if I had tried them before. After a while she ran downstairs and came up with some curtains that needed to be sewn for some reason. Pretty soon Laurence came up and talked to Madame and then asked if I wanted to go for a walk in the country to see something. I didn’t understand so she started singing Hakuna Matata from Lion King. I got the picture then. I said sure and then went and changed my clothes to something more presentable than sweats. I threw on my tennis shoes and went downstairs to get in the car. We drove for like twenty minutes and then arrived in the country side. Paul told me about all the sites that we passed while we were driving.

We got there and it was finally a nice day and a bit hot. Paul rode/ had Jean-Claude push his bike once he got bored on the route. It was interesting because it was like a random path next to a house and I gues it was public but it really didn’t look it. We started walking and the route wasn’t too bad. Pretty soon we came upon the beginning of the fence where the Warthogs live. The area is like a preservation place so they just like live there in this probably a mile long fence area that I couldn’t see the back of. Laurence brought some stiff baguettes and we started hitting the fence trying to get the warthogs to come out and say hi. We saw one big one on the way down but he was too shy to come forward any. It was pretty cool. On our way back we were complaining about how there weren’t any more nd how usually there are a bunch who come when you feed them. We tried again on the way back and this time four came out! It was pretty sweet and they got really close! Laurence said usually they will come right up to the fence which they didn’t do but it was still really cool. Paul liked to scare them away… -.-‘ 
I took some video and a bunch of pictures. I had never seen live warthogs before so I was pretty pumped. After that we drove back home and tried to clean out shoes from the mud before getting into the car. When we got back Laurence asked if I wanted a crepe which I should have taken her up on because it sounded really good. But I knew that Madame was making Ratatouille and that it takes a long time to make so I should be ready to eat a lot of it. Ratatouille is like a vegetable stew with zuccinni, Eggplant, Red peppers, green peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and onion, and spinach. It was pretty good. We ate it with Chicken. I had two helpings of Ratatouille. I did some homework for my class tomorrow that I had forgotten about and then Skyped my parents. Paul came in and they showed him our cat and two dogs since Kirby was outside. He liked that. Then he started playing on my iPod until Madame realized where he was and made him leave. The talk was pretty spoiled at the end when we had to try and figure out what is going on with my financial aid and where money is and is going to. I can’t get a hold of anyone there at home and they won’t talk to my parents so it is really a big freakin’ pain in the butt to figure anything out. We think that we maybe figured out why I am missing a ton of money so Dad is going to try again to figure it out. I would love to help but really I don’t think I can from here because my phone doesn’t make international calls… 

I Skyped thad a bit and then remembered that my friend Matt from OC had asked me to record a blurb for his radio show which apparently is at 5 Pacific time today so I quickly did that in one shot without really knowing what I should say. 

I had a good day and did fun things but I am getting frustrated with myself for not getting homework done well. I try and it is just a lot harder to do here because I am not in a good head space so whenever I try to work it just isn’t good. I also feel like I don’t really ever have space here because I am constantly around someone. I feel like I need a bit of me time…

No comments:

Post a Comment