Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lost Teeth and Pokemon

Today (I feel like I start every post with that) I almost didn’t go to class because yesterday Paul dropped my phone aka my alarm clock, and I didn’t set the date correctly so my phone though it was Friday and didn’t need to wake me up. So it was very lucky that I happened to wake up twenty minutes after my alarm. But now that I think about it I probably would have woken up at eight with the work next door. Today being Wednesday was laundry day! Which I love because then I can tell how long my week has felt in comparison to last time laundry was done. This week seemed very short I think because the weekend was so busy. So now that is my goal! Keep the weekends busy! This isn’t very hard considering how many weekends I am doing something with the school or for a class or going somewhere on my own/ with other people.  A lot of these trips are like day trips in fact all but two so far are day trips.

Before I went to class Paul came up and announced an showed us all his first lost tooth. (Good thing I’m not you Megan!) He was very excited which got me wondering about the tooth fairy and whether that exists here. I went to class and it was good. We are learning about the Oppidum d’Entremont which is an ancient civilization that existed just north of here 300-100 years B.C. which is pretty crazy! We are going to the site next Wednesday to see it so that is pretty cool. Tomorrow I am going…. Somewhere French Revolution related in Aix for my European history class, so that is pretty neat. I don’t have homework tonight which is nice too!

After class a girl named Mary and I went to go track down something to eat. She had never been to the crepe place so we tried to go there but they weren’t open yet. So we went to a pizza place. It was alright not my favorite. Mary is really nice but she likes to always talk in French which I am totally fine with doing but the way she talks she elevated and drops her voice a loooot, to the point that it is kind of obnoxious? But she is nice in smaller doses. We also went to the ATM and this one was super nice (not) and gave me a 50 which no one likes to break. But I needed some more money in order to pay George the trip guy for Saint Tropez on Saturday! I’m kind of excited for that as Madame has told me it is super nice. No one from my usual gang is going but I think Cassandra said she was and it is good to branch out. J After hanging with Mary for a bit I came back home and Madame seemed surprised to see me. I think she thought I was going to be gone all day but I have a pretty long break so I wonder if I’m not supposed to come home? Or if it matters? I researched a bunch for Paris and Lyon. My plan for fall break is to go on the trip with George to Barcelona, Spain for the four days and then come back and the next day go to meet Grace (my Oregon Crusader friend) in Paris. And then I will have Sunday to recoop before school the next day! It seems like it wont be… THAT expensive about 30ish euros to each place on the train and then another 40 back plus about 80-150 for 4 or 3 nights total. So I feel like for what I am doing that really isn’t that bad. And I mean while it is money how often am I really ever going to get this good of a chance to go to Paris? Or to Lyon? Like never so I might as well do it. And it isn’t like I am staying in the most swanky hotels I’m going with the cheap hotel that has a shower ( YES I am already looking forward to them) and saying how often am I really going to be sitting around in the hotel? Mmm probably not long unless I am sleeping! SO that’s my plan! Also I have heard that like to get into the museums and stuff I can get in free or way cheaper with my Student ID card and a copy of my student visa. Seems like a pretty good deal to me!

Madame was filling out a complaint card for the bus. And had one from last week as well, I didn’t ask her what the problem was as I figured that it was prying. I also learned that she does Laurence and Jean-Clauds family laundry on Wednesdays too not just ours. So it seems like even when she doesn’t work she works. I asked her today if she likes the job she has and she said she does. She is very knowledgeable about parts of France but other than the South she hasn’t really been to very many other parts. She just watches a lot of informative TV shows.

I went and paid George and then went to my Translation class. I asked my teacher what “Mon petit brouillette” means as Madame says it all the time to Bee bow. MY professor didn’t know so she told me to ask Madame or write down how it is spelled. I think she said it just means like face or something. She laughed when I asked her what it meant. I don’t think it is a real word but like something she sort of made up.

When I got home no one was home so I started doing more research about trains now that I knew that Cassidy is flying into Marseille not Lyon. It’s actually going to be fun to ride the train together and be cheaper overall. I have to wait for my new visa card to get here though before I book the hotels and trains. I have noticed my English is getting worse since I have been here. Today I wrote overloud instead of overload and didn’t realize it until like five minutes later. Also my grammar as well is getting worse as is my spelling. I think this must be a good thing though because my brain is switching modes and is going more French.

Pretty soon Paul came up and wanted to go through the pokemon tumblr that he went through yesterday. I need to find some more kid friendly blogs to follow for him. I feel like this isn’t going to be a onetime thing. Pretty soon Madame came upstairs and started cooking and Paul went back downstairs. Tonight we had mashed potatoes and sausage and wine and fromage and these like appetizers which is like some type of meat on bread with a pickle coin on top. Strange but they taste alright. I don’t particularly like them but they aren’t bad. Madame made them last night and asked if I like them and I said yeah so then she made them again tonight. I hope it isn’t becoming a thing…  After dinner I went and talked to Thad a bit. Then I came out and started writing my journal but that was like two hours ago because the tv shows keep sparking my interest. But it has been a nice day where I did some things but also didn’t do too much. J

No comments:

Post a Comment