Wednesday, October 30, 2013

And then Kacy saw the Eiffel Tower

I am so tired I will hit the highlights and come back.

So I got to the bus stop at 5 and waited for the bus for twenty minutes. I met these two guys who spoke English. They were cool but smoking so that was sucky to be around. Then I got to the tgv and my train was half an hour late. So I stood around for over an hour. Then I slept / listened to music on the way here. I looked out the window and it was gorgeous green hills around Paris. When we got there we got envelopes to get maybe a refund or something for the train because it was late? I will have to see.
I took the metro after buying a one time pass to the station where I was to meet grace and pick up our Paris passes. It was a bit crazy. We met there and I was already late but she wasn't there so I got worried and bought a crepe and then saw her standing by the metro looking lost so I called out to her. She came over and gave me a hug and then we picked up our passes. The first thing we did was a chocolate museum with lots of free samples. It was the miser du gourmand du chocolat. It was just around the corner but we had bad maps and didn't know which way was which yet so we got lost a bit. We found it though. After that we went to our hotel and got off at the wrong metro stop and accidentally had to walk a mile to the hotel after getting a bit lost.
Then we learned there is a train that is close by an RER which our passes work for. Good to know. We took that into Paris again and some guy was nice and talking to us and showed us the best way to get to montparnasse which we went to the more direct way not the way the guy told us. Then we up the Montparnasse Tower to the 56th floor for a panoramic view. This was my first view of the Eiffel Tower. It was so pretty to look out over all of Paris! Great second thing to do because then we saw things that looked like they would be cool!
Then we went to take a river cruise in the Seine. It was really fun because we got to see and learn about lots of the monuments. We also go on right at the foot of the Eiffel Tower so that was awesome again. We saw lots of stuff from the boat and then we got off and went to see the Eiffel Tower at night because then it sparkles on the hour. During the day it is a lot more brown than silver but I really like it. At night it is also a lot more orange than yellow like it is in the pictures. I like yet though. It was really awesome to see it and you can't help but take like 50 pictures of it! After that we walked around to find a place to eat dinner. We went to the metro to a different stop that didn't have a view of the tower so it would be cheaper. I had pizza and grace had an omelette because she is allergic to gluten. I downloaded a gluten app so she can eat more places with variety. Then we took the train home and slept because we are so exhausted! Sorry if I am not online a lot. I am so busy!

 
In short Paris is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the old "we have a map" and we got slightly lost anyway. Reminds me of my solo flight in Munich. Not something I'm eager to repeat.
    I'm so excited for you. Paris looks beautiful, interesting and amazing. It is definitely going on the "cities in Europe I must visit" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Paris was so amazing and I am so excited for when I get to go back. I know I did a lot every day but it was still impossible to see everything! You should definitely go there and if you need a tour guide I'd be happy to offer my assistance ;-)

      Delete