Saturday, October 26, 2013

Welcome to Barcelona!

I woke up at 5:10 and was surprisingly awake. I think I had been so worried about over sleeping that I was on edge all night. I woke up at 430 too. But I woke up and put on clothes and went to the living room. Madame was up and Beebow was staring at me as he does in the mornings. Madame wished me a safe trip and hoped I would have a good time. She offered for me to take some food with me for the trip but I declined because I didn't really want to eat anything. I double checked I had all my stuff and then went out the door.

I got to the hotel whichever was a little scary walking alone when it was kind of dark still and all the drunk people were walking around. I put all my valuables on my person in case my bag got jacked. It was all good though. I got there and found Patrick and we got on the bus. Gina, Sally, LaSia and Jonny. They sat in front of us so we were all together.
We all passed out on the bus until about 8:50 when the bus stopped at a convenience store to take a bathroom/breakfast break. I bought a chocolate milk which didn't taste too bad so that was good. Also a baguette that I shared with the group. Gina, LaSia, and Jonny ate these little cheese things. They were really cute. I saw something finally that I could have bought for Thad but I didn't go for it... :-/ maybe I will find something better. They put on the first Sherlock Holmes movie on the

We watched a video of Barcelona which was cool. I guess some important guy wanted the government to build 60 cool houses but then they only built 2. After that they wanted to build a room with 100 columns and it is called the room with 100 columns but there are only 84! LOLs. After that the lady came in and asked who we wanted to room with. The six of us got a room together which the lady was hesitant about because we were mixing genders but it's not like we are going to be doing anything so it was fine I guess. We are adults.
We got to Barcelona and got off the bus to go get some lunch. We walked past the column with Christopher Columbus pointing to America and a bunch of lion statues. After that we walked along one of the major streets where there were a lot of tourist shop things. They had some cool looking stuff but we didn't really have enough time to look at them. We went to this little restaurant where the waiter wasn't the greatest. I had a plate of spaghetti and went against my better judgement to not get pizza which was a bit dumb. I should have gotten pizza.

After that we headed back to the bus to get our stuff. We got put back on the bus to get talked to and then after that got back off the bus to get our stuff and walk back the way we just were to go to to our hostel. It was kind of chaos getting everyone into rooms. But eventually we got it figured out. We got two room keys for our room and then we have our own bathroom between the six of us.  It's not too shabby. It's a dorm size room with four bunk beds and a set of lockers. Our bathroom is a shower with a single toilet so it's one room. It is our private bathroom though for the six of us so it is nice.
After we did that,  we left the hostel to go on a walking tour of the city. It was pretty cool but kind of chaotic and hard to stick together so by the end of it there were only like thirteen of us. We walked by the Barcelona Cathedral which took over 700 years to finish. That's a long time. Oh and I figured out the guy who wanted to make the 60 houses was Gaudi who is apparently a pretty big deal here... And his stuff is pretty cool. We walked around a lot and went by lots of cool shops. Lots of them were VERY expensive though.

After that my group went to the tourism office and I bought a map of Barcelona. I figure I can give it to mom when I'm done. After that we went to a big market. It reminded me a lot of the Spanish markets that I have been to. Oh wait... Duh that's probably why... I'm stupid sometimes. I bought some fruit cup and then a sliced mango and it was literally the best mango of my entire life. Yes. It was so good. After that we went to the grocery store to get some snacks. I tried to buy oranges but then after waiting twenty minutes in line I needed to have a barcode so I just said whatever. The group bought two bottles of wine to share later.
We dropped our stuff off at the hostel and then we went to a place for dinner. Tonight was a soccer game between Barcelona and Real Madrid so everyone was watching the game. The tv was on so we watched it too. Barcelona won so people have been celebrating tonight. I ordered a chicken and pineapple salad which had shrimp in it so but I just ate it anyways. We also got desserts and I got pastilleroz maybe that's how you spell it. It was cream puffs with chocolate on it. It was very good. I also tried Jonnys Cuddlefish and Ginas creme Catalan which was pretty good but not as good as creme brûlée according to the group. I was the only one who got not the creme Catalan. It was good though.

After that we came home and I learned we don't get towels so I decided to go buy an expensive but cute Barcelona towel. The group came too and I finally found something (lame but cute) for Thad. I also got something for Spencer and eyed something for mom so I can get it later.
We came home and popped open a bottle of wine and I took a shower. Literally the best shower I've had in 2 months. I was in heaven. I can't wait to take another one. We just chilled in the hostel for the rest of the time and talked. It was really nice and I liked it. :-)

We only get internet in the ground floor of the hostel so I will say bye for now! :-) Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment