Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mousse and Mice

 How I know I am learning french: Yesterday I learned a word for the first time and today I used it without thinking about it. WIN.

Today I woke up before my alarm again! But then I kept lounging in bed and napping for an extra hour. I decided to shower and shave and sort of figured out the best way to do it. I had turned on my iPod and forgot to turn it off of the single song repeat so that was a little annoying to keep hearing the same song. I got out and promptly changed it. Then I went and had breakfast and talked to Beebow. He played with the mice and I did my morning facebooking. After that I got all my things in order and decided not to bring my iPod with me this time. I also didn’t do the homework on the syllabus because I figured that we wouldn’t be getting to it today because we were already behind a lecture.
I was right. The other class was still in our room when I got there so I went down to the cave and found Cassandra. She was reading so I came in and interrupted her. Then Sally and Sarah came down from lunch. Then Gina came down with a new haircut and color. It looked nice but she said that she paid 75 Euros for it! That is crazy! I am just waiting until I get home. We talked down there about our break plans and then about other stuff. I started playing cookie clicker on my iPod which is a stupid game.

Then we went up to class and sat around on the stairs until the frenchies left our room. We went and had class. It was kind of interesting today we talked about the Ottoman, Austiran, and some other Empire. I just am blanking. We talked about the modern day countries that are there and it is interesting to think they have been there even less time that the US has. We think of the US as being really old but it really isn’t and some other countries are even younger than us! It was cool though we talked about all the countries and what language and religion they are.
After class I went and bought Vietnamese food and ate it in the library with Patrick before our class. We turned in our one page papers. And finally started talking about the Brother K. It was not very exciting but more of a little overview. There were a lot of people missing from class though, probably because break is so close. Well for me that was my last class. After it was over I was relieved! I am done thinking about school! I went downstairs and read until Cassandra got done with her class just to have something to do.

After she got done we went to a paper place close by to look for colored pencils. We found them but they were 7 Euros for 12 Crayola colored pencils. I pretty much decided I would forget it after that. I can buy those for less than a dollar at home. And I won’t be here very long so it’s no biggie. Then we went to Monoprix and Cassandra bought couscous and I had some very DELICIOUS chocolate mousse. It was so good. After that I came back home.
I started reading and then Madame came up to get her phone cord and we got to talking a bit and she told me I need to go out a lot when I’m n Barcelona and Paris. She thinks that I don’t go out and party enough and that I should even if I don’t like it to take advantage of my youth. After that I went downstairs and played with Paul. We played a game where you put up 4 cards and then have 4 cards in you r hand and the goal is to swap out your cards with the shown cards to get 4 of the same color. I asked Paul what color names he knew in English. He said he didn’t know any but then listed, green, blue, and red. I taught him the other ones. Oh and Orange but that is the came in French. Then Laurence and Jean-Claude came home and we got to talking. They asked if it was in the US that an Orca whale ate a woman and I said I didn’t know but I knew one killed her trainer by drowning her. (noyé= to drown) I just learned that word yesterday and then used it without even thinking about it. That means I really am learning French even if I don’t realize it! I felt really smart and I got my point across really well so that was cool.

After tat we came upstairs and Madame made sauerkraut and sausage and bacon and potatoes. It was very filling and pretty good actually. After that we had cake. I thanked her for dinner and then we started watching League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It was good Madame slept. I IMed Thad and Cassidy and it was fun.
Tomorrow I am going to Happy Hour with Patrick and Cassandra and maybe others and will probably walk around a while with Cassandra when I wake up. No alarm tomorrow so we will see what happens. Should be fun. Now I’m watching Bridesmaids until I fall asleep. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment