Sunday, October 13, 2013

Carro et Sausset-les-Pins


Today was a good day. I woke up naturally at ten and came out to have breakfast. I didn’t bother getting dressed because I just didn’t feel like it and because I had no plans I decided I would just play it by ear. Madame asked how to see messages on her phone so I showed her. I ate a lot of fruit this morning. I had a banana, kiwi, and a mandarin orange. Along with my usual little bread thing with nutella and jam. Madame bought new orange juice so I had that as well. She was also wearing her pajamas still. She told me that Beebow had woke her up at 6 and that she had been napping on the couch since then. We had a quiet morning watching the music video station and she would ask if I knew each artist which of course I didn’t. I did know a few though. And it wasn’t bad to have some Phil Collins for a few minutes!

After that Madame asked if I had any plans and I didn’t I told her she wasn’t very happy with that answer but I told her that I had homework and so did all of my friends. So she took that better. She went to go to the store after a while and then I started doing homework. It was going fine. I learned my monuments class has like next to no homework this week and for my Lit class we are watching a movie so I just have to be reading my book to get ahead. That is nice! So it’s a pretty relaxing week (maybe) before midterms next week. I am not sure how many I will really have because most of my classes had tests last week, so who knows!  I would be very okay with an easy week though! I did my homework for my classes minus my paper by the time she got back. She came in and said we are eating lunch downstairs. And I was like oh I can eat in town and she gave me a weird look so I just said or downstairs. The program doesn’t include lunch so if I eat here I feel like I’m intruding but I guess I am not.
So I said bye crappy paper that I have barely started but is super bad, and followed her downstairs. I put on some jeans first though but I was just sporting my grippy socks which are awesome. It is still nice out so we had lunch out on the terrace. I brought Paul the two sticker books that mom gave me and he thought they were really cool. Laurence told me that we need to all stop giving him gifts because he is mean and that my mother is too nice to be sending them. I just smiled and said okay. But I think that will not be the case…  :-) Paul and I played Connect four and I let him win a lot. After that he showed me some games on his mom’s phone before we sat down for lunch. He went to change out of his Pajamas. Laurence told me that he still has accidents and last night he had to change three times. She told me that she was told NOT to tell me. But I mean all kids do that so I was like eh whatever.

We all sat down and Laurence told me that I eat like a kid because I don’t like tomatoes so Paul and I had pasta and a hamburger patty which they call steak because it is beef. I was fine to be eating like a child because it looked a lot more appetizing to me than the tomato salad. After that was cheese and bread and fruit. It was good! We had good conversation and I was able to keep up. Paul took photos of his Skylanders and Jean-Claude force fed him so that he would actually eat. When we were told our places at the table Paul was to sit by his dad and he was like Nooooo not next to dad! A minutes ago Laurence had told me she sits Paul next to Jean-Claude so he keeps him in line J it was funny. There was a bee and Paul tried to shoo it and touched it but didn’t get stung but he like freaked out. It was kind of funny he was just sort of scared. It was cute though.
After lunch I was going to play with Paul some more but Madame told me to go change and put shoes on for the walk. I said oh to where and she said I don’t know maybe to the sea. So I was like oh okay. So I went upstairs and changed and grabbed a sweatshirt because it gets windy on the sea. I got told not to wear my flip flops because we were going to rocks so I came back up and changed and Madame gave me a little towel to dust off the sand if I took my shoes of in some sand. I said thanks again and went to meet Jean-Claude, Laurence, and Paul. Madame was staying behind because she didn’t want to go out and she had some chores to do she said.

We got in the car and I don’t think we actually knew where we were going exactly. They asked if I had been to Marseille and the port and I said yeah I had and then they asked if I wanted to go there and I said sure. But we didn’t end up going there. On the way Paul kept playing with the window so eventually Jean-Claude locked it which didn’t go over very well. Laurence gave him the books I brought and he had fun for a while. I told him you aren’t supposed to stick the faces on until after you color it and he said I will just color around it. Which makes sense I guess. Then he took the reusable stickers and put one on the window as his mom told him he could. After about 6 on, Jean-Claude saw and got mad and then Paul threw his mom under the bus and she was like no but I showed her the cover of the stickers where it said reusable and saved her. So it was all good. But it was a bit of a scary moment! But it was fine. Paul gave me a sucker. It was strawberry and delicious.
We arrived at a little beach and I had no idea where we were so I had to ask. Turns out we were in Carro which is a little fishing town not too far from Marseille. It was very Non-touristy and cute. They had a little harbor and we walked around. Pal kept looking over the edge to find big fish and Laurence kept telling him to back up and that if he fell in she would be really mad. We saw lots of fish schools both really small like tetras and bigger ones. We walked along the harbor and came across the beach for the harbor. There was a collection of gross things there like about 10 dead fish, a dead crab, and the giant head of a dead tuna. Oh and a bunch of dead fish guts (?) We weren’t really sure what it was but it was gross. Paul found bouncy ball though which delighted him. He started picking up the dead fish and throwing them back in the harbor. It was gross.

We walked around n the coast of the sea and on the pier of the harbor. It was cool and I nice day and pretty. Paul showed me muscle shells with barnacles. I talked to Laurence a bunch about I’m not exactly sure what but she would tell me things and I would forget them not 5 minutes later. She is probably the hardest for me to understand but I try!
After we walked around we went back towards the car making the half circle again and ran into some people playing Petanque. It is the game where you throw the big metal balls to try to get as close to the rubber ball as possible. It is the national sport of France. It looked fun and I talked about it with Laurence and she asked if it existed in the states. I told her no but it looked fun. One of the guys playing was listening and smiled at me and I think was going to ask if I wanted to try but we had to keep walking. But I appreciate his thought J Paul threw the fish back into the harbor again which I was like I am not touching his hands.

When we got back in the car Laurence was like dang it smells like fish in here. And then she was like eww Paul smells like fish! And in my head I was like well duh you let him pick them up and they leaked fish water all over him… But I kept that to myself. But he did stink so we kept a window down. We were driving through another town and Laurence said she wanted Ice cream so we stopped almost immediately at a little place. It was also a harbor and there was a little merry go round. Paul really wanted to ride it and his parents were like that’s for babies but he wanted to anyways so they paid for him for a ride. He got off and was really disappointed that it wasn’t more fun. But his parents were like well we told you! We walked around the harbor before stopping at a restaurant.
It was nice looking and not very crowded so that was cool. We ate outside. We had water and Paul had hot milk, Jean-Claude a coffee, Laurence une golfe (waffle) which I did not know was the word for it with nutella, and I had an ice cream. I don’t know why Laurence didn’t get ice cream when she was craving it but okay! I was like do I pay or no? I offered and they said no. Paul ran around the patio with his ball so it was good there weren’t other people there. His parents were like man this kid and I don’t blame them. He has a lot of energy and doesn’t really listen to them. I feel like they need to have a bit firmer of hand with him but eh not my place. Jean-Claude paid and I learned the city was Sausset-les-pins.

We got back in the car and drove home without too much trouble. The radio started making a weird noise and we all were like what is that so we stopped the car and figured out it was a skipping CD. We were all worried that the radio had stopped working. Paul removed the stickers and Laurence put them back in the book in their places. Paul accidentally ripped one and was pretty upset. We got back and I said thanks for everything a few times. Madame came down and I helped her and Laurence figure out how to find Madame’s email and save the pictures that Laurence had sent. Jean-Claude was like you should have just sent it MMS. We figured it out ant then went upstairs. I started my paper and wrote it I think mostly before dinner. I am not sure if it is really done because it isn’t like specified in length. But I hate the creative pieces because I am bad at dialogues between characters, and especially between different works. I had to try a couple combinations before I could find a pair that worked sort of well. I had 2 angels and 2 devils to choose from.
Madame called Christelle the wife of her son and she sent her some photos so we learned how to save those as well as make alarms. I made a fake one for a minute later so that she would know how to stop it. She said that was smart or else she would have had to wake me up at 6:20 to ask how to shut it off. J It was funny. We had chicken and potatoes as per normal weekends and it was good. After that we had two kinds of oriental cakes which means like India area not oriental like Chinese, from the orient. They were interesting the first was like honey and date sort of cornbread but more grainy and compact and the other was like red and honey filled. It was a lot of sugar to get down but they were both pretty good. I had the cornbread one before a bit earlier this week but I forget when and if I remembered to write it. After dinner we were like where is Beebow? We looked on the microwave, under my bed, behind the couch and the curtains, on her bed and all of his usual places. We didn’t find him. We looked outside even just to be sure we didn’t accidentally lock him out. Nope. We were getting worried so I went to look under my bed. Nope. But then I noticed one of the pillows n my bed had moved and when I went to turn out the light... YEP! There he was! IN my bed!!! I called to Madame and she came and we laughed for like five minutes. It was really funny.

After that we watched a movie called le reine M… something. It was lots of blood and gore and killing people and lots of sex. Like Game of Thrones but in French and more graphic. Definitely rated R if not X. Madame slept most of the time and I wrote this most of the time.
Tomorrow I have class at 9 and I get one my tests back… I am not looking forward to my French test return… Maybe I just won’t look at it… I think that would be the smartest thing. Just don’t even look. I think I might do that.
But I am not sure if I will have pictures up tonight or not. I accidentally closed the window of the photos uploading to the site and it takes a while so we will see. If not I will tomorrow at school! 
Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment