Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Midterms Done!

 I am in a very good mood! :-)

Today I woke up and Madame had breakfast on the table. I had a pain au chocolat with jam which I though was a little weird to have chocolate and jam but it was good. I also had a kiwi and a banana. After that Madame and I talked about the weather as we do every Wednesday because they are laundry days! The French don’t use dryers so all the clothes are air dried or hung up outside. It is a lot easier to get your clothes dry when it isn’t raining out! It was supposed to rain today unfortunately so that wasn’t so good. I gave her my laundry anyways and before leaving she told me she might make a cake today!

I left and went up to my history classroom. Thad was online so I talked to him a little bit before class. That was nice. Then I had class and had trouble concentrating, in fact all day I had this problem. Class wasn’t very interesting today it was just describing a building that I had already read about so I wasn’t too interested in it. After class I uploaded a bunch more photos to Facebook of my trip last weekend. After that I watched the new videos Spencer put up of him playing games.  I went and got a baguette and some oranges for lunch and then ate them in the cave. I listened to music today and doodled. After that I decided I should write my one page paper. So I did that and then went and talked to Grace about our Paris plans. We figured out we wanted the 4 day Paris Pass and I also bought our tickets for the Eiffel Tower. I also bought Cassandra and I’s tickets for our 5 hour tour of the Dachau Concentration camp for Munich. We don’t have a lot of time in Munich but really I just wanted to go to Germany and I really wanted to go to a camp so I am accomplishing those two things which were secret goals that I had for this trip. I am excited. I am really into World War II/ Holocaust stuff so I think it will be an invaluable experience.
 After that I went and printed out all of this information to be sure that I have it ready to go this weekend because the school and therefore printer will be unusable during the break. I am not looking forward to Tuesday/Wednesday morning because I get back from Barcelona at 23h and have to be AT the train station at 6 to go to Paris so it will be more like a nap than anything else. Hopefully I tire myself out in Barcelona and get some sleep on the bus. But it will all be worth it no doubt. I am excited for both. After that I tried to look over some verb stuff for my Midterm but I don’t think it really helped.

I went in to the final and because I had nothing to study for it was nice but also frieghtening. She gave us a passage in English from the book of Peter Pan and we had to put it into French. It was not easy. I got really mixed up with the verb tense so I think there will be errors mostly with that. Then we had an excerpt from something else in French that we had to put in English. I am much better at going that way. So I think I did alright on that section. I didn’t come out of the test feeling good but didn’t come out crying so that means I must have done okay. I was the last one to finish about 20 minutes after everyone else and I went over time. I just kept getting blocked on words and because I was slower it was awkward to ask the meaning of words she had said before so I would write them down and then get caught off track. But I did finish.

I came home not feeling super great but then I got to read a bit before Paul came up. He played some minions and Temple run and then went back down. Madame made dinner. I was sitting playing with paul and was like dang it smells like Bacon… I miss bacon. Then when she put dinner on the table it was green beans and BACON and ham! All things that I like!!! It was great. I bet when I tell my friends tomorrow I had bacon they will all be jealous. It was soooo good though. Then we had bread and cheese and then Madames cake with Nutella. It is a srange cake because it isn’t exactly sweet but it is soft and spongy like cake. Its almost like an angels food cake but not sweet like angels food. It is good with Nutella though. It also has a strange smell that is familiar but I can’t place. It tastes good though!
 After that I got to talk to Thad which put me in a good mood. J Madame keeps getting game notifications on her phone that I am trying to figure out how to turn off. The owl movie Legend of the Guardians is on TV and we have been floating between other channels and that movie. It looks cute but also like why is this movie about owls except to show how many different owls there are. Madame gave me a pamphlet of the animals that are native here and it is cool. Tomorrow is my last day of classes and then I am on fall break!!! Woo hoo!!!

Also I figured out finally why there are sometimes random J's in my posts! They are smiley faces from Word that when I transfer them to here they turn into J's! Hahah! Mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment