Friday, October 11, 2013

Cold Heat


I had a lot of fun today.

This morning I got to sleep in a lot. I went to bed at 12 and woke up at ten. It was awesome. I loved it. I could literally have laid in bed all day. Then the construction started being loud. Le Sigh. So then I got up and had breakfast, and after that I went to school to meet up with Cassandra and Patrick. We all were like we have things to do before we leave. So then we went our ways. I went upstairs to check the mail and found nothing in the H box. But really I was like this package should have been here a long time ago! So I looked in the K box… YEP. Some dummy had put my slip in the K box because they wrote Helwig, Kacy and someone thought that Helwig was a good first name. WHAT. So yeah then I was like well that was stupid. After walking up the stairs I was hot so I went to sit outside in the cold. FINALLY! It is cold enough to wear a sweatshirt! YAY!
I yelled at Patrick down the street. I started getting chilly so I went back downstairs and started talking to some people. Then we all met back up. We went to the card shop so that Cassandra could look for Cards against Humanity. Though I don’t really know why because she told me her mom was printing them out for her to bring when they go to Amsterdam… Sooo… Okay whatever. So then we went to get some Crepes. I had chocolate and banana. It was very delicious. We walked to the Bus place to try and buy Cartreize cards. Which was fine but then We learned that we had to have a passport like photo in order to do it. So that was a hassle.
We ended up going to MonoPrix in the shopping center to get pictures done. The security guard saw us looking like we were lost so I asked him where the photo place was and he showed us. He was VERY nice. So then we did that. We thought that we could just buy one photo for 2 Euros instead of five for 5 but it turned out that it was a like whole photo size photo which would not work. So now I have this big unsmiling passport like photo of myself. (Last time that I listen to other people… I was just going to buy 5…) But whatever.  Then we went back and got the cards. I still am saving money as I will use the card for going to the train and aeroport. After that we went back to school. We went and stopped at a convenience store and I bought a water and then I went and got my package in the building across from the cathedral. I happily carried my package down to the cave where there were like a lot of people for a Friday. It was impressive. I opened my package and was happy to find candy and vitamins, bandaids, motion sickness pills, some things for Paul, Tums, Peanut Butter, and a heating pad. I was most excited for the heating pad.
I sat in the cave for a while. Patrick left after inviting me to join him and Dan for happy hour in a few hours. I said I might. Then I sat in the cave for a while longer. Cassandra was looking at going Paddle boarding tomorrow in Marseille. I was like I’d be down but send me the plan and I’ll be in. So then she left and I sat there a while longer downloading the end of project runway season 11 which I think I have seen… Yeah turned out that I had. I imed THad at his early morning before work in San Jose this weekendI watched Spencers new minecraft video. It looks like a fun easy simple game. I think that I would like it when I go home. I talked with LaSia and Jonathan who had bought this like sausage that was made from Bull and Beef. I was going to try it but then I smelled it first and that immediately put an end to that thought. They said it tasted better than it smelled and I said well dang I hope so! But I couldn’t get past it. But we had a good talk until they went to go watch a movie for their class.
After a while I decided to go home and lay on the heating pad. But it didn’t get hot. Or work like the directions said that it would. So then I looked a the directions and it said it needed to be plugged into a 120 volt thing. So I sighed and told mom it wouldn’t work and she told me to go buy a convertor. Which was expensive… While I was walking around the electronic store I literally ran into Kelan. Like neither of us were paying attention to our surroundings and we ran into each other. It was funny. He was looking at movies to buy so we helped each other out. I helped him look for movies and he helped me look for a convertor. Most of the things that they had though were all adapters so that was a bit obnoxious. So then I went and bought it. The lady was really confused by my id because I had to use a card to buy the converter. She was like umm where is this from and I was like USA and she was like well where and I was like Oregon and she was like what is that. It was funny but she was really nice.

After that I came home and plugged it in and tried to get it to work… But the thing wouldn’t like TURN ON. Like the light would come on and I would pick the temp. level but then it wouldn’t like stay there it would start blinking like it was in auto-shut off mode. So that was frustrating. I finally googled the problem and found that the heating pad had bad reviews online of people buying them and them not working… So… Maybe I shouldn’t have thrown away the box…. Maybe that’s why mom put the box in there… So that is not so good. So I’m assuming it was the heating pad that was messed up this whole time and now I just bought this stupid transformer thing…. That was stupid…
Madame came home and she had bought a new phone, for only one euro! She was very excited and it is her first new phone in ten years! She got a Samsung Galaxy. She likes it a lot and was thrilled that it was so cheap. Wish my phone was that cheap… So then she left and I left to go meet Dan and Patrick. I met Patrick first and tried to go to the school to get the box out of the trash but it was locked.

We sat down and were joined by Michael. We got our drinks and started talking and after a while Dan showed up. We had a nice time. Patrick and Michael talked about pretty intense topics like religion and Politics. Michael is Armenian Orthodox and wants to be a Priest so it was cool to talk to him about that. Dan and I spent most of our time talking about how the other two were talking about very heavy stuff. Dan said dang we are not drunk enough for this. I laughed and continued sipping my little red drink. We had a really nice time though. It was nice to talk to some different people than who I usually talk to. Michael and Dan invited us to hike Mount Sainte Victoire with them on Sunday and I told them I probably couldn’t because I would have to go so slow. They said well we got all day! So I think I will go just to have something to do plus I had a good time with them. This was probably one of my favorite parts of my day though.
After it started to get towards dinner time I went home and after a while Madame and Paul came up for dinner. Paul wanted to look at Pokemon on Tumblr so I opened it up for him. I also gave him the silly teeth (that took 5 times to figure out how to spell) things that mom had sent and he thought they were awesome. They are just like plastic things to put over your teeth. They were pretty amusing though. I also gave him the Pokemon cards. He liked that. For dinner we had Cordon Bleu and French fries. They were very good. We played a guessing game during dinner with animals. I am only totally disadvantaged for having to pick basic animals that I know the names of and to only be able to guess when I know the French word. It would be a fun game for a classroom though. After that we had bread and cheese and paul kept eating his dinner slowly and then when we were done Madame gave me a mandarin orange. She said that because they are the first of the year we can each make a wish. So we did. I wished it would snow here before I leave. I hear it is cool because the whole city shuts down. But it never happens. Though it is starting to get cold enough!

After dinner I went and got the reeses that mom sent and let Madam and Paul try them. Paul refused as he doesn’t like anything but Madame tried it and really liked it! She says she likes Peanut butter but she never buys it. But she seemed to really like the chocolate. But whether she liked it because it was like a gift or whether she really liked it? That is a hard one to figure out. She tossed out the idea of sending a box back to my parents thanking them for all the things that they are sending. So maybe that will happen? I dunno but then she would know more about sending things back and I could ask her about it.

We started trying to watch Lilo and Stitch but the DVD wasn’t working so I went and cleaned it and then it worked and Madame thought I was like magic or something. Then I helped her get the DVD player to work. She thinks I am a genius now, so that is cool. After that I got online to see what was up with tomorrow and Cassandra was being wishy washy about what we are going to do. So that was only really annoying. It was like pick to go or choose to go to the markets. And she just wouldn’t make a decision but kept like saying reasons why not to do both. So finally I cornered her into picking so we are going to the markets tomorrow and then I think the plan is to go and have dinner with Patrick and some other people. So that should be fun. 

Mom just messaged me saying she sent me a convertor *facepalm* no mom I need a different heating pad so now we both bought convertors! Oops… Oh well. What is life without these crazy times?

Also the pictures today are the rest of the stairs to get mail, the outside of the school, the building where I go to get my packages and those stairs, and then Beebow eating Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment