Wednesday, October 23, 2013

History is History

Today I woke up at 9 which is weird because I usually sleep in until ten. I think my body was scared about not being ready for the test… I got up and had a Pain au Chocolat and a banana, then took a shower and got dressed. I went and put up my blog and then sat down to study. Spencer created a livestream so I can watch him play games in my free time but today I didn’t have any because I had to study. .. Boo. I studied here and then around ten thirty decided to study at school. I packed up all my stuff including a bag of all my snacks which I learned I don’t eat unless they are at school. So I walked to school and when I got there put my food in my locker and then went and studied some more until noon when we started the class.

The professor didn’t really give us a specific thing to study so I had to look back at the last 6 weeks of notes to guess what it would be. When we got the subject it was really vague and also covered a really large time period. I wrote 4 ½ pages and put in a lot of info so I feel like I did well but I am not sure if I covered the material that he necessarily wanted? I guess I will see but I didn’t come out saying I failed but I would say it was probably a solid B or B- at least. It is hard to tell because each person that I talked to about it wrote something different and thinks that was explicitly what it was asking for. One girl I talked to said she thought she didn’t do well and that she had mixed up the leaders of each country. She asked me, “So Bismark and France made an alliance again Prussia right?” I felt bad but I was like “No, Bismark was the leader of Prussia…” I didn’t have the heart to tell her an alliance between Prussia or Austria and France was never a thing… I feel bad. Also I threw away the shirt I was wearing because I realized that every time I wear it, it makes me mad because it fits really bizarrely. So I decided it wasn’t worth putting up with anymore and chucked it.
Patrick wrote his on the revolution and about Napoleon and I didn’t really talk about that but focused more on post-Napoleon Era. Cassandra talked more about the later revolution and didn’t mention German and Italian unifications. And I did some on the second revolution/overview of France and then the German and Italian unification. So I guess one of us will get it. We’ll see. But I feel like I put enough information in mine (though I had some slip ups I think but not on big stuff just like years) to justify getting a decent grade. So I guess we will see. He probably won’t get it done by Thursday so I will have to wait until after break, so I will have completely forgot about it by then.

After all that I went to a boulangerie and bought a slice of pizza and a GIANT cookie for lunch to celebrate not doing terrible/ if I did I have good conscious that I ate my feelings ;-) After that I had to go to my Literature class where we talked about the film that was like City of Angels. It was a good class. We got off topic a lot though but I think it was still good. Tomorrow I need to write a whole page about the movie. Man that page is going to be sooo hard… Not. The topic is so vague I could write on anything about the movie. I have some good ideas of what I want to say so I can probably just throw it out tomorrow during my big break before my midterm that there isn’t a way to study for. It’s for my translation class and it’s a text from French to English and then another from English to French. It will either go well or it will go poorly… So hopefully it goes well. I am mostly concerned about my verb tenses and their English equivalents so I might be able to review that before the test. After class I went downstairs and got in another 40ish pages in this book. It is still boring to me but I am starting to get used to the style which is making it easier to get through. I have a hard time with the characters though. I find them all very obnoxious and unbelievable. They are all drama queens in my opinion and not the good ones. Hopefully the murder happens soon.
After that Patrick and Cassandra got done with their class so I went and caught up with them before they left. Cassandra agreed to go with me to get a crepe because I was hungry. We went and got that (banana and nutella, I have a thing for bananas right now) and then as we were sitting there I was saying how much I wish I had a little like sketch pad to doodle in since I have been feeling creatively stifled/ really wanting to be artsy because of how inspiring everything is here. After I ate my crepe we went up the street to a paper place that I had heard about. I learned I should have bought my notebooks there since they are cheap and have more options. But we eventually found a cheap and good little sketch pad. I like it, it’s Pink! I don’t imagine I will be making any masterpieces but sometimes I just want to doodle. Come to think of it I don’t even have a pencil that isn’t mechanical… That’s a problem… Oh well. Then I would have to buy a sharpener and that’s too much work. But if I get annoyed with my pens or mechanical pencil I’ll go get one.

After that we parted ways and I came back to the apartment. When I came in Madame was cursing up a storm about her phone because she couldn’t figure out why it kept making weird noises. I learned one of her apps had sent her a notification and she clicked it and it opened a ton of dumb things so that was why. I explained it to her and she said next time it did it she would show it to me. Also last night after I had gone to my room to sleep she knocked on my door to see if I was asleep because her phone kept making bubble noises (Did I say this already?) and she wanted my help to stop it. I helped her out and then she thanked me. Then she asked if I would rather have pasta or salad for dinner and I said salad. She ran to the store and I stayed and did my Provencal history homework. After that, we watched the Price is Right but French version and had a glass of rose and pretzel cracker breadstick things. I have had them before and they are good.
Then Paul came up and showed me his Skylanders that you can change the top and bottom of with magnets and then played some Minions. After a while Madame called me into the kitchen to see Beebow standing in the sink batting at the running water. It was pretty funny. Shari asked if she could use my pictures for a background for her books website and I said sure why not. I decided to share that info with Madame and she got really confused and somehow thought that I was giving them to Shari so she could say that she made the monuments? Or so that she could put them in a book about French monuments? It was very confusing and then we got to talking about like copyrights and stuff like that. But I mean I see no problem with that since they are my pictures and they are of public monuments, so I have a right to take them and give them to whoever I want. Madame just wasn’t understanding, but we got it all figured out. Then Paul went back downstairs and we had our salads. They were good. I had a mandarin orange for dessert and then three cookie wafer things. They are like KitKat bars but soft and bigger and with dark chocolate. I wrote my blog and finished my homework while Madame watched the news. She watches a lot of news. Tomorrow it is going to rain which she isn’t happy about because that is when she usually does laundry. She says she might make a cake tomorrow if she has time.  I talked to Chris and Melissa a bit tonight and Melissa told me some cool places to go in Barcelona since she went there last year for a weekend. I am pretty excited to go though!

After a while Madame and I got tired so we decided to head to bed. She was yawning which would make me yawn and then would make Beebow yawn. And now I just yawned thinking about yawning. It was all very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment