Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hoogity Boogity boo, Yesterday is Through

Today I woke up around 7:45 and went and had breakfast. Madame asked me how to turn off the smart texting on her phone that makes words from letters you are started putting in so I had to figure out how to do that. After that I had breakfast and orange juice and got dressed. I decided to wear my green sweater today because yesterday it was cold and rainy.

 I walked to class. It was not cold and rainy today it was HOT. So when I got to the classroom I ditched the sweater for a while and sat in the window in my tank top. Then I felt better. Will came in and I started talking about how last time I was sitting by this girl who wouldn’t stop smacking her gum. Pretty soon she came in and sat by me…. So I got up and moved across the room to a seat with an outlet so I could pretend that was why I was moving. As soon as I got up Will smirked at me and I gave him a look. Class was pretty good though we looked at a map and on Monday we are going to the Cathedral for class so that will be fun!

After class I walked with Patrick to get lunch on his way home. I got a baguette and a few mandarins. I wasn’t really hungry though. Then I went down to the cave and watched Spencers Minecraft videos. I totally called that the chest would be there. Win for me! (That will make no sense to anyone but him.) After that I said I could go shut myself up somewhere to read this boring book… orrrr I could watch Project Runway. So I did that for a couple of hours.  Sarah gave me some of her Tarte Tropezienne to try which is the speciality of Saint Tropez. It was pretty good. Not my favorite but good even so. I bought myself a hot chocolate and a tea during my sitting in the cave. Pretty soon LaSia came down and when she learned I was watching Project runway she freaked and came and sat by me to watch it. It was fun. It’s always more fun to watch Project Runway with someone so you can talk about the design. It was fun. These girls came in and sat down and started talking loudly about Obamacare and LaSia and I exchanged a few messages over iPod about what they were saying (they were very misinformed). It was fun. Eventually we ran out of episodes as the finale is on tomorrow night so I won’t get to maybe watch it until Friday. Boo.
She had class so she left and then I went to the other building to pay for my trip to Nimes this weekend with George on Saturday. After that I went and bought a chocolate bar because I was craving it. Then I sat down and read about 15 pages before Patrick and Cassandra came in and paid for Barcelona/Nimes. We got to talking and Patrick was trying to convince me to go walk to the library to see if the history packets were there for class tomorrow. I said I was too lazy and I would get it on my way home from class. He left and then Cassandra was like oh hey what are these packets on this bookshelf? Oh hey they are the history packets. Win. So we were like yay being lazy! Sucks to be Patrick because now he won’t find them because they are in this library… Oops. Too late. After talking to Cassandra a bit I went to class.

There was some confusion because there was a sign on the door that class was cancelled but then we didn’t know if that was old from Monday or if that was new so we had to go back down to the front desk and ask. But then our professor walked in not a minute later so we were like well guess we do have class. We got our tests back and I got a C. But I did fail it by American standards as I got 10/20. But I guess they grade things differently here? So I was very happy. I still know I did horrible but it is nice that the grades are different. We did some translation stuff and it was good. At one point the teacher came and looked at my work and was like received is spelled received not recieved. I was like… Oh. Oops. I knew that. Then when I was writing I wrote “whould” which is a word that I made up and thought was real, meaning who should. I was like looking at it and was like…. What is that? That’s not even a word!!! I laughed out loud and then my professor was like what are you laughing about? So then I had to explain it.
My professor is really nice. I like her a lot. She knows what she is talking about but is like more soft spoken but also fun. It’s a good class. I like it once I am finally sitting in it.

I came home and read another bit of pages and then Paul came up with some cars toys. He and I talked about the movie Cars and Planes. He made obstacle courses for the cars and raced them and had me count the seconds it took. I also had the job of lifting the couch a bit when one of the cars went under it. Madame came up and was not very happy with Paul I could tell. Before I started reading I was going to go down and hang out with them but I could hear them arguing. So I decided to skip that one. Madame had made soup for tonight so the whole apartment smelled very delicious. She went to cooking croutons/ pieces of baguette to put in the soup and blending it. When we finally sat down it was sooooo good. We put some garlic flavoring in it and it was so good. Paul had butternut squash and potato sound because he doesn’t like any vegetable and then we had vegetable soup. It was delicious. I had two bowls and was like Yes this was really good. After that Madame made Paul some pasta and let me try this meat thing with bread? It was weird but with pickles it was good. I miss the pickle taste. I think I might go buy a jar and eat carrots and pickles one of these days. I really like that taste combo as weird as it sounds. Plus then I won’t get leg cramps!

After that I had a mandarin and decided to see if Thad was on Skype. He was so I went to my room to get on and Paul joined me. Once we got Thad online I made Paul say hello and what is your name and how are you so that he could practice the English that he has learned in school. It was fun and he was embarrassed and shy so it was cute. Oh also at dinner he said that me and the first girl that Madame has had and been host for are have been his favorites. So that was kind of cool. I guess I am not terrible with kids which is good. Well at least with French kids.

After that I talked to Thad for a little bit by myself before he had to run off to do his passport stuff for May when his school does a three week Juniors Abroad. He plans on going to Israel/Jordan. So that should be fun for him.

Tonight we have been watching some kind of like show… Specific I know. I don’t remember what she told me the name of it is, but a BUNCH of popular French artists get together and do this huge concert/show which is really cool. Its like the VMA’s but bigger and cooler and more like a community. But yeah they do this big show for free and then they sell tickets to it, make cd’s of it, and make DVD’s of it and then sell them and all the proceeds go to feeding people who don’t have the money to buy food. I probably could have written that a lot more eloquently had I been more used to English. But it is really a cool idea. And I bet it makes a ton of money because it is really cool! Now I am tired and sleepy. I get to sleep in tomorrow though which is awesome. Also today was Laundry day! This week went by super fast! Les Enfoirés Madame says it is, and they happen every year. Pretty cool!
Post title courtesy of Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment