Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Barcelona Day Tres!

 Today we woke up a bit earlier than yesterday but all got ready a lot slower.  I was one of the first to wake up and then had to go to the bathroom and though I was really quiet everyone else was awake by the time I got back. We did morning stuff and then went down to breakfast. We sat and ate and then I went up to take a shower. It was glorious. After that, I went and sat downstairs while the others got ready. I posted some photos to Facebook. I tagged a photo of Gina and then her mom added me. She wished me happy Halloween.
Gina and I went and told the main lady that our room had bed bugs because I was NOT sleeping in there again. She took it pretty seriously but didn't really sound like she believed us. She followed us upstairs to our room to check but because she didn't see anything she was like well our beds are made to not accept bugs. And in my head I was like okay lady our beds are a hunk of foam... She made it seem like we were wrong and there weren't bugs but we all have bites and found like four bugs. It was really gross. She moved us to a new room in not the same building which was bigger and nicer and actually on the Main Street of the area. We're on the fourth floor so it is cool to look out. The hostel lady told us to not tell anyone about the bugs but we were like uhhh... We already did. But we were like yeah okay we won't...

After that, we took off in the direction of the sailing place to see what time we wanted to go on the boats. We bought our tickets for four thirty and then headed to the market to get some fruit. We stopped at an ATM so I could take out more money and then after I did Patrick asked me to borrow more money again... After I had just taken it out and configured how much I would need for my two remaining days here... Sigh. Now he owes me a hundred euros, which I know he is good for but it's inconvenient and now I have to get more money out tomorrow.... We ate our delicious fruit in front of a museum and Jonny kept dropping all his on the ground. I had a fruit salad with dragon fruit and then some mangos. It was all really good.
Next we followed my directions to the metro (I bought an unlimited two day pass for tomorrow) to go to Park Güell where all of Gaudis most famous works are located. Including the gingerbread looking house, a bunch of columns, and the famous salamander mosaic sculpture. It was really cool there but it was really confusing to figure out which line was quickest to buy tickets and we were up this huge hill and potentially would of had to go back down a ton of stairs to turn around and go back up. LaSia offered to be in the scouting group with Sally so that I didn't have to make the trip unless I had to because of my vcd. I found that really nice of her. She is the first person to actually listen to me about that and take me into consideration. I told her later I really appreciated it. And I really did.  We then learned that the tickets worked like fast passes and you could only enter between certain times. We got the two o' clock time but then had forty minutes to kill. We went and sat down at a restaurant nearby to get food. To be honest, everyone seemed kind of crabby today... I don't know if it was because last night was pretty eventful or whether it was us getting sick of each other or what. I have been getting a little worn down but I'm trying to be on good terms with everyone. Do I feel like this group likes me? I feel like I fit in more than a lot of other groups...

Every trip I feel like you get sick of each other no matter how close you are. I wonder if couples trips are like that... Probably not. I think it is just because of the group aspect. We sat down and I ordered a sangria and nachos. The restaurant was really busy and didn't have a lot of waitstaff so it was a little hectic and stressful to be on a time crunch with that whole thing. We got our food in time though and wolfed it down. My nachos were really delicious. I would have eaten them again. My sangria was very Spanish and I drank it in honor of my mom and hearing her saying "you only get to drink sangria in Spain so often!"
We rushed out of the restaurant and then went into the park. It was pretty cool and had more of the colors that I was looking for in Barcelona but I'm not sure that it was worth the price or stress. I was really glad I got to see the lizard guy though. I thought it was really cool looking. When we got done with that after walking around the park for about an hour we rushed back to the metro in typical "hurry up and wait" fashion.
I got us back to the subway easy. I also didn't show anyone else the map because I decided the least amount of people trying to be the leader and arguing over which way and all that was just easier. This group has been really good at having leaders who bicker and have everyone be indecisive and then suddenly decisive at inopportune times. So, because I had the map, I didn't ever show it to anyone else. I think that worked the best. I got us back to the harbor quickly on the metro and then we got on the boat.

The boat trip was probably my favorite thing that we did today because it was not as stressful. I talked a lot with Sally and Gina. It was really pretty. We went along the port and the shoreline of Barcelona which was really gorgeous. We got the later time because then we were able to see the sunset and it wasn't too hot. It was a really pretty orange. We also went between a bunch of cruise ships and we started waving to people. Pretty soon everyone on the boat started waving too. It was fun.
We met a couple who took our pictures and they said that we sounded Canadian!? We told them we were American and they didn't believe us. They were from Scotland and were really nice. Then too soon the boat ride was over but it was good because we were starving. We went to 'walk to wok' which was a very delicious wok place. They had stir fry noodles. They were super good. I had chicken, broccoli, and pineapple in mine. I think the pineapple was a really good touch. We came back to the hostel without Jonny or Sally because they were in the markets. I felt kind of bad leaving them...but they came back and weren't upset or anything. So that was good because I was a bit concerned they would have been waiting for us and then would have been pissed. But it was all good.
 
We finished eating and then the group got their stuff packed for Brussels because they are going to leave at 4am. I will have the room to myself and plan on taking a nice long shower. We went to the other hostel building to use the wifi. That is the downside of this building, that we have to walk to the wifi to use it now. I think it is worth it to not be eaten alive. I learned my iPod has either not been putting my pictures up or has been putting them up in a weird order so I don't know whether or not I have put certain ones up or not... That's annoying.
Then we went souvenir shopping again and I bought a couple things. I learned that my list of gifts and who I am buying souvenirs for and what I bought was erased off of my iPod so I am pretty bummed about that. So now I might forget what I bought and who I bought it for and who I haven't and want to buy for. Not so good... I am worried that all this souveniring is starting to add up but that is also a good thing because that means no more shopping for other people! Then I can shop for me! But to be honest, I haven't really been too turned onto anything here yet. I guess it just seems like I would rather spend more on myself to DO things rather than have a bunch of stuff. I'm here to make memories not to buy a bunch of crap. Pictures will suffice for me. Though I have found a few things I like and have bought. I found some cheap postcards. The souvenir guys would haggle though and also pester you in the shops which I hate. I yawned and one of the guys was like you need a redbull and I was like no I need some sleep! After poking around we came back to the hostel and chilled out until we fell asleep. At least that's what I am saying because that's what I'm going to do! Just kidding hen I ate a doughnut courtesy of Gina for Halloween. It had a gummy finger on it. Yummy! Buenos noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment