Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Blessed

Today for my history class we were supposed to do a visit to one of the cathedrals in town and were supposed to meet there at 9:15. So I had a little bit of extra time today so I slept in a little bit longer than usual for Wednesdays. Madame had breakfast on the table. I gave her my laundry before breakfast because she had to get Paul to school this morning because Laurence had a dentist appointment. So that was a bit different than most Wednesdays. So I got ready and got my stuff packed and left to go to the church. I ran into Jean-Claude leaving as I left so we talked a bit before I went to the church. On my way there I contemplated Christmas music and how I need to put some on my iPod because as I was watching TV at breakfast the first commercial with a Christmas song came on.  
When I got to the church there was Patrick and Mary already there. I was five minutes early. Then Sally came and we had all read the syllabus to be there. It got to be 9:15 and no one else had showed up though. So we decided maybe wait five more minutes and then go back to the classroom and see if they were there. Needless to say no one else showed up and when we went back to the classroom everyone was there. I made a point of saying when we came in that “Oh I guess we aren’t at the church today” because that is what the syllabus said and he never told us anything different. He was like oh were you at the church and we were like yeah that’s where we thought we were supposed to be. His bad. Everyone who had NOT looked at the syllabus was right because they weren’t being prepared while those who had looked like they weren’t. -.-‘ But oh well. We got to miss 35 minutes of class Scott free. I guess that is maybe good but also not because his class is hard so I like to be sure and get good notes. So that was kind of sucky.

 Then after class I walked with Patrick to the bakery so I could get a baguette and then to get clementines. When we got t the cave I cooked the left overs of my pasta and ate the half cup I couldn’t finish yesterday. Then we ate in the cave and I Facebooked and added pictures to my blog. I watched listened to some Netflix while I worked on my translation homeworks. I make that plural because I had some extra work to do than normal as I had to fill in some comic book pages with my translations. That took a little while because I had to do it in pencil and then in pen. Pretty soon after that Sally and LaSia came down and went to get lunch. When they got back Jonny came down too. They were happy because the sandwich guy had given them a little sample of mulled (hot) wine for free because it was pretty cold today. They said it was really good. I am kind of intrigued with the idea so I kind of want to try it so I will have to do that one of these days. We talked about our snapchats which we have all started to get into (khelwig11). I also bought a soda from the machine and was AGAIN the last one of its kind. I am so lucky. (In more ways than this)
After that we talked and LaSia read my blog and I added pictures to my blogs. Then Sally and Jonny had class so they left and LaSia came over and watched Netflix with me. It was kind of fun. :-) There were some girls down in the cave cutting hair and being kind of strange. But we just kind of laughed and then kept to ourselves. I had a good time watching my show with LaSia because it felt just like kind of normal and it was kind of nice to have someone else’s thoughts on it and someone to bounce things off of. It was social I guess which was nice. We decided I should not read the book and just cliff notes it and then if I don’t understand something read sections of the book. But when I think of how much money I spent to come here. I don’t want to be wasting it alone reading a book which I would happily do at home. I feel like my time is more useful if spent doing other things… like being social with my friends or at home with the family. I think that is more important right now. And I know I am here for school too but I am not supposed to be the best student right now. I am supposed to be here for the experience of being here. That’s my decision and that is what I am going to stick to and I am not going to second guess this decision or feel guilty about it. The end.

Then sadly LaSia had to leave too and I finished up my homework and then set off in search of a pair of scissors and some tape. I found scissors with the secretary at the newer building and then found tape with the housing lady. So that was good. Then I went to translations and there were only 5 of us in the class and then about half way through one of the guys who had been sick all week left so it was just 4 of us. It was quiet but not bad at all. I talked about how I was trying to figure out the baking conversions for cookies and my prof said she had just gotten an email about that so she would email it to me! She did and said that she hoped to get to try them :-) She is really nice and I like her a lot I just wish I was doing a bit better in her class in terms of grade. But class was pretty relaxing and it was nice to be able to ask lots of questions. The whole structure of this class is kind of relaxing and having it as an evening class I find it really nice. 
Then when I came home I put my stuff upstairs and then went downstairs to hang with the fam. Paul and Madame were just finishing up homework. Then Paul took a shower and I sat and watched TV on the couch. Their cat Stitch is really skittish but last time I was there I got her to sit on me while I pet her. She must have remembered because today when I came in she came and jumped on me immediately. Which is funny because not ten minutes ago I scared her because she was in the entry way when I came home and she was scared of me? So who knows. But she is a very sweet cat. Then Paul finished his shower and we played dominos a bit before he got bored and his parents came home. We stayed for probably twenty minutes before going back downstairs. Paul followed us and he brought a, Où est Charlie book which is Where’s Waldo. I sat at the table and he sat on my lap and we played though he had a bit of a head start because he already knew all the spots.  But it was still fun. Then Paul left and we had dinner. We had scalloped turkey and green beans. When I went to pour the water the two cups were stacked and kind of stuff  and when I got them unstuck I dropped one two inches and it fell and broke… It was one of the cute ones with the animals (this time skunks) on it… I felt pretty bad but Madame said it was okay. Then she gave me the panda one and said don’t break this one or I will be mad. I feel bad though because I know it is just a glass but you can’t find those ones anymore she said. So that is sad… But really I am shocked the thing broke because literally it was a two inch fall. I was sitting down at the table over the table doing this… Oh well… Dinner was really good though. For dessert we had roses de something. They were frosted flakes with chocolate on them. They were like cookies and were really good. I ate four… They were super good though. Plus I love chocolate and I love frosted flakes. Beebow got sick all over the apartment so we were glad we had tile floors. Also I can’t do cat puke. Nope. 
After that I got out Madame’s computer to try and make this usb internet finder work on her computer. Then Thad got on so I Skyped him for a bit before his lunch. He has a cold :-( but his PS4 is working again so that is good for him! Then once we were done I came back out and got the internet thing working but then we couldn’t put in the wifi password because the keyboard is not working. Which we knew but had both forgotten. So now she is going to look and see if she can find a usb keyboard. So oops. But I tried and got it at least started. 

We watched Criminal Minds and also the news a bit and then laughed at Beebow being funny. He let me scratch under his neck today. And then when Madame gave me another blanket for my bed he crawled up underneath it again :-) I think he likes me now maybe. So then we laughed and played peek-a-boo with him behind the door. He is really funny because he gets so confused if you don’t pop back out right away. Madame and I laughed a lot before really saying goodnight and going to bed. I enjoy our night time laughs and yawns. It is a part of each night, and it is fun. It feels familiar. 

Then I listened to Contemporary Christian Holiday Pandora and wrote my blog. I realized during it that I am really blessed with all I have in my life. I have fantastic friends here. And it is rare that I feel this accepted so quickly by a group of people and feel so comfortable among friend like this. And I just have to say I am blessed to have such great friends here even if they don’t like my idea to go caroling at each of our hosts’ houses. I am also really blessed to be here and also blessed to have such a great support system back home. I am glad that I always have people looking out for me and reading my blogs to see what is going on with me while I am here. It would be easy to just wait until I get home and am more available but I am glad that I have people who love me enough to stay in touch or stay in the loop :-)

Also special Thanks to Spencer for registering me for classes as I didn’t have to wake up at 3am my time to do it. You are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment