Thursday, November 21, 2013

Silly Comics

I woke up and did all the normal morning stuff and then headed to class. LaSia and I laughed about the comic strips she has been making lately and then also snapchatted each other candid pictures of each other. If you don’t know what snap chat is it is like when you take a picture and then you can set it for how long you want the picture to show up for, and after that it is gone. But you can add text to it so it is a good way for us all to communicate here because it is free. It is kind of fun. So LaSia and I were messing around for a while. Class was especially boring today on both accounts so I’ll just skip over those. 
For lunch I went and bought clementines at the grocery store while everyone else got pasta. When I came back LaSia was like hey is one of those for me and I was just like Yep. And gave her one. I am so nice sometimes. Then I said I should probably eat something more substantial than this. So the pasta place had like French bread kind of pizza so I got one of those and went and ate it in the library of the new building. They have been telling us not to eat in there but there isn’t anywhere else in that building so… we all did. After classes were done, I went and hung out in the cave. Sally and I hung out for a while before she had to go to class and we both got hot chocolates. It was delicious. Sally got a second one. 
 Then we talked about going to Marseille tomorrow because Jonny has to go to the museum for his class. Sally and I want to go to the Christmas markets there instead. We also traded phone numbers which was long overdue. Then she went off to class and I hung out in the cave until LaSia was done with class. Then her and Jonny and later Cassandra came down and we decided to go to Happy hour. It was pretty cold out there and so we sat inside. Today was the first day that a new wine was out called the Beaujolais. It is a new AOC so no one has ever tried it before. So there is a day each year where you can go to any bar and they have this wine that you can try. Today was that day so I tried the new wine. I really liked it and it was kind of funny because when I came home and went downstairs Laurence and Madame wanted to know what I thought of it when I told them I tried it. I guess we are getting a bottle maybe tomorrow to try. But it was Cassandra and LaSia and Jonny and I at happy hour and we had a lot of fun. It was sad though because Cassandra had to leave, but then Sally came and joined us after her class. We had a lot of fun.
 One of the things that I am not excited about is losing my friends that I have made here… I feel really like comfortable with all of them and I have been having a lot of fun with them. It makes me sad that I won’t be able to see and hang out with them anymore once we go back home… So I’m trying to just spend as much time with them as possible to make the most of it. Like how we are going to Marseille tomorrow.
 When I came back home and went downstairs Paul sat on my lap and played on my iPod while I talked to Laurence and Madame. It was really nice… I wouldn’t have minded having a younger sibling. Or maybe I just want to be a mom or something. But it was kind of nice. Then we came back upstairs and had dinner of sausage and lentils, bread and cheese, waffles and cereal cookies. It was very delicious. After that I tried to make MAdames laptop work with the new keyboard. And I got that to work but I couldn’t get the internet to work even though it showed it was there. So I gave up after a while. I think there was some sort of way I had to tell the computer to use the usb to do the internet or something but I couldn’t figure out how. It would connect to the network for 5 seconds and then disconnect. I dunno. Plus it was all in French. (which isn’t really a good excuse because I could understand it all). But I tried and gave it my best effort. Madame was really tired so she fell asleep really early today. I was too so we went to bed early and then I listened to Christmas music and wrote my blog and watched a bit of Netflix. I had a really fun day I am just out of energy to write. So goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment