Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving French Style

So today it wasn’t snowing. :-( But it was Thanksgiving! But unfortunately because it is not a French recognized holiday there was still classes. Even though we are an American University. So that was not super fun. No one was very interested in classes.
For history we got our papers back and I got an A. I found an example that he didn’t mean for me to find but that he couldn’t penalize me for, so that was kind of funny. We spent most of the time talking about that instead of learning new stuff. Eventually it was over and I wasn’t hungry. Cassandra had gotten her gummies from Germany so we were all eating them during class.
After that I had Lit which we were supposed to have a little test in but we didn’t. I guess one of the professors friends passed away so we had a shortened class and his head wasn’t really in it. I think that it was pretty unproductive of a class. But that’s okay I can understand why. After that Cassandra and I went for a walk around town and got hot wine and i got a picture of Laurences shop.
After that we went down to the cave. My buds and I hung out down there before the university dinner. It was pretty fun times down there. The other group was playing this iPod game called Heads up where you pick a category and you hold the ipod on your head and they get you to guess whatever shows up on the screen. It was a pretty fun looking game. I chose not to play but it was really fun to watch.
After a while we played my Twelve Days of Thanksgiving song and we (me and Cassandra) sung it. Sara recorded it so maybe I will be able to get my hands on it sometime. Then we headed out to the Thanksgiving celebration.
It was pretty disorganized. They came by while we were waiting and recruited some of us (but only the boys because you know us girls are too weak to carry anything) to help. After that they let us in. The meal was in the same building that I went to the art show in that one time. It was two long tables with wine and water and bread on. There were also some cool IAU plastic cups. 
 
Helped clean up/serve pie because everyone left. My group stayed. Washed dishes and sang Christmas carols. Ended up leaving with 11 plastic cups and 4 luggage tags. Kept 4 cups, gave the rest to Madame. Went around with what we are thankful for, went to a bar. Got drinks which made us the powerpuff girls on accident (green, red, blue). LaSia traded me her drink because mine was mint. Went home. Skyped home with Harkins Chirstmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment