Sunday, November 17, 2013

Coming Home from Germany

Today Cassandra woke me up at 6:45 so we could be gone by 7 to catch the train to the airport. We missed the first one though. So that was not so good. So we waited twenty and then took the next one. We transferred pretty easily and then just sat on the train the hour ride to the airport. We got there about 8:30. We got ourselves some starbucks, which I got a vanilla frappaccino instead of a mocha one because she made the wrong one. They are pretty close though? Chocolate and Vanilla? Practically the same. I also got a blueberry muffin. It was super good. Then we went and got through security very quickly because Europe is awesome, and then went and sat at our gate and waited to board. We chilled there for a while and then she ran off to find more food and then they announced our boarding but luckily she came just in time. We got on the bus that took us to the plane and then got on. She had the window this time because I had it last time. We flew over some mountains which were maybe the Alps which were SO gorgeous!!! Then we got to Marseille and got on the shuttle bus back home. 

Once home I talked to Madame and gave her a little wooden ornament that I had bought for her. She really liked it and hung it up on the bookshelf in the living room. We talked about Munich and she ironed. I worked on my history paper which is due Tuesday but I know that after my test tomorrow morning I will not want to work on it. I am almost done with it now. I have 3 ½ of my 4 pages. I just need to write my Intro which I always write last. I had broaching a subject really vaguely. So I start right in the thick of things. I can do that tomorrow. But I Skyped Mom while Madame did ironing and then Paul came up and hung out for a while. Then it got time for dinner and we were having a very delicious vegetable soup! It had been cooking for the past 3 hours and had been smelling delicious since I got home. My stomach was growling because I was so focused on getting home that I forgot to get lunch. Oh well. Then Paul left and my parents hung up and we had dinner. Afterwards I tried to write my blog really fast so I could study for my History test tomorrow and then maybe get to talk to Thad. :-)
Sorry it is so fast and compact but I got stuff to do! Once these next two days are done I believe it will be smooth sailing until finals. But really I came home today and you didn’t miss much but me writing my paper. Bye!
Also for the first time in 4 years I am seeing the Sound of Music and am enjoying it. In french. I watched the play over 20 times in high school when I worked on it. Now I am kind of liking it. Maybe the language change was key.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Sound of Music. Someday I'm going to Austria and going on the special tour they have for all The Sound of Music geeks. My brother went in May and said it was a "must do" for me since I was in the play in high school and love all the songs.

    ReplyDelete