Monday, November 25, 2013

Paint isn't Photoshop


 
Today I woke up and said, “noooo so I pressed the snooze. And then it went off later and I said nooooo so then I pressed it one more time. Then I had to get up. I was on the later side but I skipped breakfast and didn’t take a shower so that was fine. I packed up some cookies to share and then headed out to the church that we were supposed to meet at last class. I got there in plenty of time and even listened to some Christmas music on the walk there.

I got there right on time and the rest of the class was there. We stood outside for a while, while our professor tried to get inside but it was locked… Then he went around and tried to get in through a side door to see if it was open. But it wasn’t. Sooo I guess it was closed today. So we hiked ourselves back to the school to do class there. I sat in the back with Sally and Will and we kind of watched our clocks through class. We talked about the painting that we were supposed to see. It was kind of interesting but also a bit like okay after this there are 5 more of these classes… Not that it’s on anyone’s mind! Uh huh. Right.
So then after class I went and got a baguette and finished off the rest of my cheese that was in the fridge of the Cave. It was probably good that I did that as it was starting to get a cheesy smell about it.  I sat in the cave with Sally and Sara came down too. We just kind of chilled in the cave and I wrote on my blog and listened to Pandora Christmas. I am in a Christmas mode. The chalets are here and it is Christmas! (But I am still excited for Thanksgiving!) We hung out and after a while they went to go get lunch while I hung out in the cave. I attempted to use paint to photo shop my face onto a picture where Madame looked better from last night. It is funny because in all of these images has one of us looking good or the other but never both at the same time! It is kind of funny. The one that both of us looked happy was blurry! It was funny so Sally said she would try and photo shop it for me because the paint wasn’t really working! But then they went off to class and I wrote some more blogs and then put some up in the WOU blog area. I got scolded again for not using the DIVE technique but I was just like pft whatever I have more important things to do. So I just rolled my eyes and copy pasted my other blogs and respell checked.

After that I sat in the cave until Cassandra came down. I shared my cookies and then worked on my Translation homework. The time went by easily like it usually does. My translation class started a half hour later so I had a little bit of free time to watch an episode on Netflix. After that I headed to class and found that the heaters in that building had been turned off because they stopped working. Blech!  I gave a cookie to my translation teacher (buttering her up for a better grade! ;-P) and she really liked it. We did class as normal and I think that this was the first time in a long time that all 8 of us were there at the same time. That was pretty crazy! But the class was pretty easyish… I am still having problems with verbs. So I don’t know how much better that is going to get in the next three weeks…
After class I headed home and worked on some history homework for tomorrow. I also cliffnotes-ed for tomorrow as well. Then Madame came up and called David to talk about the computer but still we didn’t know what we were doing. So that didn’t really work. For dinner we had croquet-monsieurs and a kind of strange salad. It was good but not exactly what I know salad leaves to be. Madame told me that it is winter lettuce. We talked about the news and how it is interesting now how you can’t leave your house and go into town without being recorded on cameras. I told her it was like the book 1984 but she didn’t know that reference. Then I talked to her about leaving and told her I am sad to leave but happy to go home. She said that is normal and that there is always a bed here for me or for me and my boyfriend if he comes with me to visit. I told her that the same goes for her and that she is always welcome to come see Oregon. It was nice. She said she might do a trip of the states when she retires to come see all of her students. I said good and I will be waiting for her! We talked about Paul and talked about Thanksgiving and also a bit about my classes.
 
After that I Skyped Thad and then went and watched TV with Madame until she fell asleep while I finished my history homework. Then we decided to go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment