Friday, November 8, 2013

LaSia's Birthday

Today I woke up at 10:16 took a shower, ate a kiwi, and then went to the cave. Cassandra and Sara were there and LaSia was out fetching her boyfriend from his hotel. When we got back, we met Ed and went to get lunch at crepe a gogo. I got strawberry jam. It was interesting though because the group was so indecisive so now I have just taken to starting to walk in a direction until they follow me and we figure things out along the way because if not we just end up standing somewhere for a long time! I also grabbed a slice of pizza because I knew I would get hungry again fast. We stood around and talked for a while and I got to know Ed a bit more. He works for US customs, but isn’t actually that guy who makes you open your bags and stuff. But he seems cool.

After that Cassandra and I went to head back to the school and got distracted by this kind of cool like weird shop that had these like antique cool like weird things. Then we went and walked around a home goods store. We found lots of Christmas stuff, my favorite! 
Then we went back to the school and hung out for a while and got into a conversation with Morgan and Guillaume about the school and how some of the staff don’t seem to care for students and how this Camus stuff is not really for the students. I guess they have like brought a boat load of like Camus Experts in and like are doing this big conference to commemorate his 100 years since birth but then like not actually giving students a list of events or like telling us about them so it is more to build the prestige of the school than anything else. Also they brought in like the top guys who know Camus which honestly if the school has paid for it I am a bit upset that my money is going to fund this… They just have not been doing this in a good way, or gone about it correctly. 

After that Cassandra left for Amsterdam and I hung out in the cave until I met with Lauren at 4:30. I also went on Ebay. Won an auction! Woohoo! But um yeah went and talked to her about the project and then we talked about a lot of other things. We actually talked for over an hour which was kind of cool. I was definitely not expecting that but it was kind of nice. Then she left and I went back down to the cave where I watched spencers videos until Patrick came down and mentioned he thought he saw LaSias boyfriend standing outside. So I promptly went upstairs and invited him down to the cave which was like Yay! Saving the awkwardness. Go Ed! Then we sat and talked about I don’t even know what until the play people came downstairs and had some apparently not good free food and then we went up to take our seats for the play reading of State of Siege which was kind of good but also strange. Totalitarian, plague, government kind of play. It was interesting. A bunch of my friends were in the Chorus. Good play though. David Hayes was the director who I guess is a big shot again worked at the globe theater and teaches Shakespeare at Ivy Leagues. 
Then we went and had dinner at the 24h restaurant for LaSias birthday. I learned it is carrot and sweet potato's in the vegetable cake thing.  Dan came but then left and I talked to Sally and Jonny the whole time. Sally wanted to know my story with Thad and so I told her like everything back to like beginning high school and like she thought it was so cute she literally almost started crying. It was a good trip down memory lane and she was a good listener so it was nice to tell it. It made me happy to look back on how awesome he was/is. She thinks we are cute together too from our pictures. I am inclined to agree.
Then we went to a bar for to get a drink and the first bar we went to was packed so we skipped it, the second we sat down but then they were like oh sorry we are out of tequila so we can’t make any of the cocktails we have so we left (bar with no tequila? That’s like a pizza place without tomato sauce!). The last one we went to worked and I got a strawberry mojito which I wanted to try but it had mint in it so I didn’t really like it but it was one of the better things there. Next time I’m voting for woohoo though. Then I came home cranked this out and went to bed because its 12:45 and I have to be up at 7:30. Goodnight!

P.s. Tiny ROUND cheese graters? WHAT!?

1 comment:

  1. I was trying to add this comment to your blog, but my phone was being difficult. So, here it is now:

    Thanks for coming to the play and for the raspberry cobbler. I appreciate you taking the lead so something gets done. I am so glad I was able to hang out with you during fall break. That was the most fun I have had in a while. Thanks for being an amazing friend!

    -LaSia (via Facebook)

    ReplyDelete