Monday, November 18, 2013

Waffles

This morning I had my history test so I woke up early to study a bit more. This wasn’t hard to do though because all night I was having dreams about waking up and my alarm not having gone off or that the clock was broken or it was set to pm for some reason instead of am. It was also hard to sleep because my right ear has been bothering me again since I got off the plane. So I think there is just something about planes now that make me have ear problems. But that is the side that I normally fall asleep on so it was not fun to try and sleep. It was kind of a rough night. 

When I did wake up (15 minutes before my alarm which was already set for a bit earlier than normal) I had my daily breakfast roll but was too antsy to want to be eating anything, so I slipped a banana in my bag for after the test. I studied and then went to the classroom and studied some more. I texted Thad a little bit and then the test started. We had studied 20 images of which three would be on the test. I had expected one, half expected another, and then did not expect at all the third. Luckily though, I had done some research on all of them. I came out of the test feeling pretty good about it though not fantastic. Probably solid A at lowest B work I suspect. 
I went and bought a baguette and 4 Clementine for lunch. When I got back to the cave I decided that I wished I had cheese to go with my bread so I waited to eat it until I had the energy and drive to go back out into the world. I tried to buy a hot chocolate from the machine in the cave but the stupid thing was out of powder again so all I got was water :-( so that was a major disappointment. After that I waited until Sally came down from the test. She said she owed me a cookie because I had sent her my study guides to help her study since she is apparently not doing so hot in the class. Once she got hungry and I had almost finished up my paper, we went to get her lunch and I went and bought some cheese. 
We came back and ate and I bit my cheek for like the millionth time in the past month. I just have been doing it so much lately and I have no idea why. But because I do it so frequently it is getting easier to start bleeding and today it was kind of bad how much blood. Plus after that happens you are done with eating and are like well all I taste now is the rusty taste of blood. So that was the end of that. Then I finished my paper and did my translation homework. Sophie came down and told me about how to get Netflix on your computer by making it think you are in the States and so now that works! Woo hoo! To celebrate I watched Safe Haven which is based on the book by Nicholas Sparks. It was really good I thought but also really sad at times. But it was interesting and not totally predictable, though of course largely predictable. I cried a bit though. I am a sap.

After that it got to be time for Translation class which went on without much of a hitch. I have some homework for it as usual but nothing too terrible. The only terrible thing was when I got home and was let in by Jean-Claude and Laurence I got upstairs and realized that I had left my keys somewhere! I remembered having them in the cave so as they were not in my bag I assumed they were there. I left my bag by the door and attempted to leave to go get them but the door had been relocked. You can’t get out unless you have a key so I had to go confess to Madame that I had left them and then borrow her keys. She wasn’t too happy. One of the main things they teach you as soon as you get here is DO NOT lose the keys. You have to get them from the government and they take forever to make and get to you. Also they are really expensive. It isn’t like the states where you just take it and have them make a copy. I ran back to the school and got there right before the guy was closing and he had my keys and gave them to me. On the way back home I was like dang now I might get yelled at for almost losing them. So I devised a plan to be harsh on myself so that they wouldn’t be harsher. I came back and was like I am so stupid I can’t believe I did that, to which they said oh it happens it isn’t a big deal. Win.  We had wine and chips and Paul showed me his new Pokémon cards and his new box for them. Then he showed me his little finger skateboard. One the way out I stopped to look at a DVD and they let me borrow it to watch it. Then Paul came up and wanted to watch it but it was too late so we decided he will eat dinner with us tomorrow and we will watch it. 
Then we had delicious soup again and then waffles for dessert. Beebow ate the waffle! WHAT! Cats don’t like waffles! Speaking of Waffles, after that I talked to Thad for a little bit before he had to go eat lunch. Then I facebooked for a little bit before going to my room to watch Netflix and write my blog and sit with a heating pad on my ear. Hopefully I will be able to sleep better!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out the connection between waffles and Thad. "Speaking of Waffles, after that I talked to Thad." Glad you did well on the test and didn't really lose your keys.

    ReplyDelete