Monday, November 4, 2013

Last day in Paris

This morning we woke up at 9 to be gone by 9:30 which sort of worked. We got all our stuff and left at 9:40. We smartly figured out how to leave our luggage at the Louvre because we couldn’t take it with us to the Eiffel Tower but the Louvre has a baggage check place which is free if you have a ticket and with our Paris Pass we did. We dropped off our stuff and then headed to the Eiffel Tower. Getting between these two places by Metro isn’t easy though so by the time we switched metros twice and stuff we were a bit late to our time but they let us through anyways. There were SOOOO many people in line so I was really glad that I had bought our tickets earlier. We would have been there forever. We went up to the second level by elevator and then went up to the top. It was really cool to know I was on the Eiffel tower, and the view was good. But it was a little like hey this is almost the same view from the tower from the first day but missing the coolest part of the city… Because we are on it. There was a champagne store at the top but I said heck no! It was 10 bucks a glass!
It was really cool to do the Eiffel Tower and I’m glad I did it. I think it would have seemed cooler if I was with someone more romanticy. In fact that would go for all of Paris. But hey I had a good time. After that we went to lunch at a Café/restaurant and I had a delicious burger and then we headed back to the Louvre to get my bag. It was hard to find the metro stop and I was getting really freaked I would miss my train. We found it and then metroed back. Grace didn’t have to leave until like 5 so she stayed and walked around another part of the Louvre. I went and got my bag, said bye to Grace, and then headed back onto the Metro. I found the stop I needed and got there easily. I got a little turned around looking for the train but I eventually found it. There were a ton of people getting on it though. Also I sat in first class again but this time on the top of the train. It was fun. I watched movies on my iPod and contemplated my life. 
 
The train ride went by pretty quick and then I was back at the AIX tgv station. I took the bus back to Aix an d then arrived home. I talked to Madame a little and then Paul came up and “helped me unpack”. Then Paul left and Madame made “la raclette au fromage”. It was pretty good but SOOO much cheese. We had it with potatoes and some special hams. You melt the cheese in like a thing and then put it on your potatoes, but more cheese than potatoes. It was good don’t get me wring but toooo much cheese for me to handle. It was fun though. And Madame liked making me something new. We watched Password before dinner and then after we watched Fort Boyard. Now I am so tired I’m going to go pass out!

No comments:

Post a Comment