Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Cookie

If you had been with me here today you really wouldn’t have missed much! Or shall I say you already didn’t miss much today! I woke up and got dressed and had breakfast. Today I had apple juice instead of the regular orange because we were out. Oooh darn… :-) So then I got dressed and went to school. I dropped off my laptop in my locker and went to sit in front of the Cathedral. We had class there today because half the class was in Geneva for a class trip this weekend/ until today so we couldn’t have the test as scheduled so it was put off until Monday. We just talked about the front of the church which was kind of fun but also kind of like okay this is a filler day.

So we talked about that but couldn’t go inside today because there was a funeral so we went back to class and took some more notes. After class I went and bought some mandarins and a soda. Then I went back to the cave and did my translation homework followed by a bit of work on study guides for the history test on Monday because I know I won’t want to do anything in Germany. Then LaSia and Sally decided to go get lunch so I decided to join them. We went to a place I had never been where LaSia was like I need to get one of these delicious cookies. And I was like is it hard or soft? And she was like soft and it is the best and I was like okay sold. So I walked down to the pasta place because this place only had fancy noodles and I wanted boring ones. We met back up at the cave and I had a bite of the cookie. Oh man. That cookie. Best decision I have made in weeks. That was a dang delicious cookie. I had also been craving a soft cookie because they are all hard and crumbly here. It was a bit expensive but man it was so worth it!!! I think I found a new favorite.
I didn’t eat it all though. I ate a bite and then used it for the next four and a half hours where I did my study guides. Yep. Four and a half hours I worked almost nonstop trying to do the study guides. And I did finish them. Well. Except one… But it is a composition of note that I have already done so it should be easy. Then LaSia and I went on a wild goose chase to find a song that I had stuck in my head from watching music videos that morning. But the problem was that I only knew the last part of the songs words which were la la la la. Soooo you can’t really Google that and find it… So we looked at a bunch of top 40’s. But we still didn’t find it. It was really annoying because I listen to songs I have stuck in my head to get rid of them and then I couldn’t because I didn’t know the words because I like it from the music part not the words. So dang… We wasted probably 45 minutes doing that. And we still didn’t find it so now I have to watch like the music videos all the time to find it. Oops. I printed the study guides and then went on to my translation class. So I was pretty tired of working.

In translation we corrected out homework which was hard. I did alright on the not verb parts though… Yeah I need to talk to her still. Also I was talking to another girl in the class and she was telling me that she thinks that she isn’t really getting better at translating she is just doing it a lot more. I kind of agreed. I feel like I am learning a lot of good phrases and stuff but my skills at translating don’t really seem to be improving… :-/ I don’t know. I think the approach with this class is like do it more and you will get better practiced at doing it. Which in principle would work but I don’t think I am that kind of learner? Or I just haven’t seen any improvements. Class was pretty uneventful though.
After that I came home and started watching Spencer's videos. I got half way through the second of the two before Mom got on Skype and I talked to her about the house, and thanksgiving, and her retirement. She can retire this year in January so they are trying to figure out what the best option is. They are also cleaning out and painting parts of the house to get ready to maybe move in the summer. (Yeah I’ll believe it when I see it.) I have no doubt that they want to but I doubt it will actually happen this coming year. But I guess I will see if they prove me wrong. She also talked to me about a big cat rescue in Sherwood which has like Tigers and Cougars and Lynx’s and stuff. How weird! I had no idea! I guess a trainer got killed there recently which kind of sucks. Hopefully they don’t put the animal down that would kind of suck. But I bet that will be the case. Sad though. But the rescue sanctuary looks really cool. You can find it here: http://www.wildcathaven.org/ It looks pretty cool and the animals are cool too.
 
After Madame came home and after I hung up with mom she was concerned that I was talking to mom because something had happened or because I had a problem. I told her not at all but she didn’t really seem to believe me so I told her about my parents thinking of moving and Mom looking at retiring. Then she seemed to believe me. After that we had dinner of pasta and chicken. Lots of Pasta today (oops.). Now I will be happy to not eat pasta for a while! Then I showed Madame the website and she really liked it and asked me to show it to Paul tomorrow. I also put her pictures on a jump drive that she bought. There are some cute pictures of Paul when he was a baby.
 
Then I Skyped Thad for a few minutes before he had to run off for lunch. After that we watched another big event where famous singers come and sing songs and do big production numbers one after the other in order to earn money to give to feeding the hungry. So we watched that and to my great excitement they sang my favorite song! It really is my favorite. Coeur du Pirate "Comme des Enfants"
 
Now I am going to celebrate my day of history by watching a movie on the Dachau camp so that I have a bit of reference or knowledge before going. I guess that isn’t really a reward but it should be interesting. Goodnight! Except now I just looked at the clock and it is 11:30.... oops. I guess no movie tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment